Season 6: episode 15: Across the Sea thoughts discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
In case you live in the real world and dont follow lost as closely as some :D tonights episode is the MIB and Jacob back story (a person from the west wing plays their mother?!?) anyways this is going to be a GREAT story.

WHAT LIES AHEAD

Next Week Is Unlike Anything You've Seen on Lost Before. Swear. And though we've all been told that none of the series regulars appear, that is actually not true. Spoiler Alert: You will see three of the main leads in a very surprising throwback moment that lets you know that the producers totally knew what they were doing as of season one. (Boo-ya!) Allison Janney guest stars, along with two other actors you know, and a few others you don't. You'll learn much much more about the history of the Island and the evil, and light, within. Pay close attention to every line Allison's character says and every line (or lack thereof) on her face. Oh, and DVR it. 'Cause you'll need to watch it twice.

Read more: Lost Redux: Now That Was Some Serious Heartbreak - E! Online

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

NICE! I'm hoping this is as good as the Richard one which was great. Really bumming the end is near :(

-Mike

Fair episode, but felt a little disjointed from the rest of the season.

Interesting, I thought, was the comment DL and CC made back in 2007:

What is the meaning or significance of the two skeletons that Jack and Kate found in the cave of season 1?
CUSE: The answer to that question goes to the nature of the timeline of the island. We don't want to say too much about it, but there are a couple Easter eggs embedded in [the Feb. 7 episode], one of which is an anagram that actually sheds some light on the skeletons and hints at a larger mythological mystery that will start to unfold later in the season.
LINDELOF: There were certain things we knew from the very beginning. Independent of ever knowing when the end was going to be, we knew what it was going to be, and we wanted to start setting it up as early as season 1, or else people would think that we were making it up as we were going along. So the skeletons are the living — or, I guess, slowly decomposing — proof of that. When all is said and done, people are going to point to the skeletons and say, ''That is proof that from the very beginning, they always knew that they were going to do this.''
The Isle Files | TV | EW.com

I guess this is the supposed proof they had this planned all along.

I hated the early turn of phrase about answers just leading to more questions. They seemed to want to tell us, sorry, no answers here.

I'm still trying to figure out how MIB learned that the light/donkey wheel would get them off the island. What, him and his bronze age quantum physicist castaways figured out that it would drop them in Tunisia?

What was the source of Mom's power to prevent them from killing each other? And what was the source of the ability to keep them alive forever (and hence Jacob's ability to keep Richard alive)?

And how did the weird light turn MIB into smokie?

I don't know, I was hoping for a more satisfying episode.

I hated the early turn of phrase about answers just leading to more questions. They seemed to want to tell us, sorry, no answers here.

I'm still trying to figure out how MIB learned that the light/donkey wheel would get them off the island. What, him and his bronze age quantum physicist castaways figured out that it would drop them in Tunisia?

What was the source of Mom's power to prevent them from killing each other? And what was the source of the ability to keep them alive forever (and hence Jacob's ability to keep Richard alive)?

No doubt, if anything, this episode just created EVEN MORE questions.

Interesting, but unsatisfying.

I agree. This episode just didn't do it for me. :(

I don't think the weird light turned MIB into Smokey? My take is that Smokey (an evil force) was always trapped by the light......when MIB went down into the hole, he released Smokey, who in turn killed him. Sometime after, Smokey took the form of MIB just like he has now done with John Locke?????

I agree. This episode just didn't do it for me. :(

I don't think the weird light turned MIB into Smokey? My take is that Smokey (an evil force) was always trapped by the light......when MIB went down into the hole, he released Smokey, who in turn killed him. Sometime after, Smokey took the form of MIB just like he has now done with John Locke?????

I was VERY disappointed they didn't explain that. (How MIB became Smokey or vice-versa)

How about this one, how did the names of the wrecked get on the cave wall?!? I mean Jacob dosent even think there is a world out there. I am now confused and maybe going to have to watch this episode over again, I agree with you guys, this created more questions then answers!

They could basically create a spinoff with this show being the pilot!

I see a SPY vs. SPY kind of theme, except they will call it Demi-god vs. Demi-god.

Last edited:

Agree...not satisfying unless they're going to expand on this in the next episode before the finale.

I just the read article in the EW magazine where the producers said they're basically going to go into hiding after the finale and will not be answering any questions for awhile. I'm thinking that there's probably going to be a lot of interpretation left in the finale if they are going to do this and leave so many questions up in the air.

Or....we will find out with a "Lost the Movie" in a couple of years. :rolleyes:

Agree...not satisfying unless they're going to expand on this in the next episode before the finale.

I just the read article in the EW magazine where the producers said they're basically going to go into hiding after the finale and will not be answering any questions for awhile. I'm thinking that there's probably going to be a lot of interpretation left in the finale if they are going to do this and leave so many questions up in the air.

Or....we will find out with a "Lost the Movie" in a couple of years. :rolleyes:

Right. Which would be great if we had more episodes left, but we don't. I don't want them to waste time on this, I want to know about the present, or parallel, or flash-sideways....

Right. Which would be great if we had more episodes left, but we don't. I don't want them to waste time on this, I want to know about the present, or parallel, or flash-sideways....

Well there might only be two eps, this represents 3.5 hours to go. Still lots of time for answers. They just need to pick up the pace.

Not that I think we will have all the answers, but we have plenty of time to find out more.

I'd like to know the true history of the island. I thought this episode would of done it but it still didn't answer the question of who originally discovered the island and it's powers. And where did Jacob/Flocke's mom come from if she was the only person there before the shipwreck. Come on producers!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)