Season number and episode number now being listed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thechaz05

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Irwin
I didn't notice anything posted about this yet unless I missed something.

I just noticed this evening that some of my recordings are showing what season the episode is from and the episode number of that season. I must say that this is a welcome change and hope that it continues.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I didn't notice anything posted about this yet unless I missed something. I just noticed this evening that some of my recordings are showing what season the episode is from and the episode number of that season. I must say that this is a welcome change and hope that it continues. Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
You did miss it. I brought it up in this thread along with some of the other immediate changes I first noticed with S502: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/336915-Hopper-with-Sling-Software-Version-S502-is-Out Displaying the season and episode number is fine for recordings left and stored on your Hopper, but doesn't work when External Hard Drives enter the equation. It may be okay on the Hopper itself but once you move anything to an EHD, the season and episode information doesn't remain accurate. What is worse is it attempts to assign season and episode numbers to everything already saved on your EHD which makes a mess of your past recordings. That is where this new feature goes terribly wrong. The information is not even close to accurate. I have a season of a show where all of the episodes now have S2, Ep22 and the only way to determine the correct episode order is by the DVR Date. Yet another collected show has all episodes as S2, Ep5 no matter what they are really are. As a third example, a single season of a show has now been labeled with S2, S3, and even S6 when it has only has a single season.

Last edited:
I see how I missed it then as I am still on the original hopper. That is unfortunate, but certainly seems like something that they can correct. Problems aside, it is definitely a welcome change.

The only reliable ordering is the First Airing possibly provided there were not 2 on the same date.
The order by episode seems to follow this fortunately and not the stated season/episode.
This sure messes with my 2000 movies and nonfiction and a like number of series that are still current.
The transition from Tribune-assigned episodes is painful.
The good feature is for those with correct seasons+episodes is you can match IMDb listings.
-Ken

BFD, it's almost always wrong regardless of how it's displayed.

First season of 24? :rolleyes:
Second season of WLIIA (US)? :rolleyes:
useless information is useless, regardless of the format....

Well I for one like to know which season the show is from, so for me it is a welcome change.

But if the season is not correct, what good is the info. If they can correct it, it will be useful. Ah! Another update, but which one. S1022?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts