Seattle HD Locals

I keyed in 6417 and kcpq briefly appeared in the info section before the channel defaulted to 6416. Subsequent tries it just defaulted to 6416.

Last edited:
Well, I just went to the Dish "Locals" site...and sadly, no FOX HD....:(

seattlelocals2mi.png

Has anyone else been seeing really bad lip sync problems with KOMO HD? I don't get that channel OTA so I'm not sure if it's them or dish.

Why No FOX...KCPQ in HD For Seattle/Tacoma

I wonder if the reason the Seattle/Tacoma LIL did not get the FOX-KCPQ in HD is because of Rupert Murdock, FOX Broadcasting Company and D* not having LIL HD provided to the Seattle/Tacoma DMA?

pbrown said:
Has anyone else been seeing really bad lip sync problems with KOMO HD? I don't get that channel OTA so I'm not sure if it's them or dish.
I had the audio sync problem on KOMO until I did a reset by unplugging the receiver. Ever since I plugged it back in, the audio is synced with the video.

Does anyone know if KCPQ still resides on the 110 spotbeam 4 hidden on channel 6417? Be nice to know if this is a temporary delay or if there has been a change in plans.

I think I have an answer to my own question. According to:

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

KCPQ still shows at this location. As with a number of other recent locals there is a notation regarding retransmission request. I sent an email to KCPQ and got the following response:

Charles,

All of this is in the works and you should have KCPQ HD in your Dish system very soon.

Michael Z. Goodman
Director of Engineering
Tribune Television Northwest
1813 Westlake Ave. North
Seattle, WA. 98109

Last edited:
I had Dish installed this morning and the installer says they were told yesterday that KCPQ signed the agreement. Should mean we would have it shortly. Take it for what it's worth ...

cebbigh said:
I think I have an answer to my own question. According to:

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

KCPQ still shows at this location. As with a number of other recent locals there is a notation regarding retransmission request. I sent an email to KCPQ and got the following response:

Charles,

All of this is in the works and you should have KCPQ HD in your Dish system very soon.

Michael Z. Goodman
Director of Engineering
1813 Westlake Ave. North
Seattle, WA. 98109
Those are both good signs! :) Thanks for the terrific news. While "very soon" could mean a month or so, there's still hope for football season.

I sent an email and got this response:

I do not know when KCPQ Seattle will be included in the local HD package as the two companies are still working out Re-transmission agreements on a national level, sorry.

Michael Z. Goodman
Director of Engineering
1813 Westlake Ave. North
Seattle, WA. 98109

Has everyone else had problems with lipsync on KOMO? It is really awful.

Also, I see a slight strobing effect on most HD shows on KING and KIRO. I am near to switching back to watching SD. Does anyone else see these problems?

pbrown said:
Has everyone else had problems with lipsync on KOMO? It is really awful.

Also, I see a slight strobing effect on most HD shows on KING and KIRO. I am near to switching back to watching SD. Does anyone else see these problems?

I just swapped my 921 for a 622 yesterday and I am experiencing the identical strobing and lip synch, fortunately for me this only is a problem when I am in PIP mode as I get all Seattle locals on OTA. I might add all channels are significantly improved over my 921 both in signal strength and picture quality on QTA. Again in general on SD & HD there is a better,crisper look overall. The new chipset in the 622 must be something ...(I think it's mostly Broadcom?).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)