Seattle HD Locals

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
I heard from a "Good source" that the Seattle HD locals will be going online first week of may:). Just passin it along.

Brad

I hope so, too. I'm getting my 622 upgrade on Sunday. We can't get OTA locals here even though we are only 22 miles from the transmitters on Queen Anne. There's a 900 ft. hill right in the line of sight!

Picture Quality

I am in Seattle area as well. I have a dish 1000 antenna and a dish 500 at 61.5. I get a lot of blockyness and picture freeze in Voom. It seems reseting my switch by unplugging its power supply for a few seconds helps. anyone else in Seattle experiencing this?

I have a 942 and 801, I was hoping to upgrade them together when our Seattle locals are in HD. I am just not sure if I still need 61.5 anyone know?

delos said:
I am in Seattle area as well. I have a dish 1000 antenna and a dish 500 at 61.5. I get a lot of blockyness and picture freeze in Voom. It seems reseting my switch by unplugging its power supply for a few seconds helps. anyone else in Seattle experiencing this?

I have a 942 and 801, I was hoping to upgrade them together when our Seattle locals are in HD. I am just not sure if I still need 61.5 anyone know?

Everything HD wise on the D1000 is duplicated on the 61.5 bird.

If you've got a view with 61.5 try disconnecting the 129 feed on the 1000 and do a check switch and see if you get better signals.

Then do the reverse and see what you get and stay with the best.

Sam

delos said:
Great I will give that a try, shouldn't 129 be better in Seattle then 61.5? It just seems it would be closer?

SHOULD be but 129 experiences signal drops every 20 minutes or so. You can do better with a 500 dish pointed at 129. If you get any lock on 61.5 you may be better there until they fix 129. As long as they don't put HD locals on 129.

New update...... May 4!

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Also heard they will be on 119. Great for me, I can keep 61.5!

Last edited:
With May 4th getting closer, has anyone heard any firm dates for Seattle HD Locals?

WLong said:
With May 4th getting closer, has anyone heard any firm dates for Seattle HD Locals?

If May 4th is the date it's more probably the date for uplinking. They usually uplink and test for a week or 2 before they release to the public.

Rarely do they uplink and release immediately.

Sam

will portland, or be included with this new update? They said portland was suppose to launch this spring, around may..

119 - Seattle HD LIL - Boo-ya!

"Also heard they will be on 119"

That is almost too good to be true. My only real HD interest is in the network feeds. Do we have any confirmation from the sig int guys on the board that there is capacity for HD LIL on 119? I'd love to have a plug and play HD upgrade with my D500.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)