Seattle HD Locals

With the 24 I get tp31 at a 93-96 range. Tp27 is 80-83. The signal strength seems strong enough even with the drops. But now something really odd has been happening for approx one month. Every single recording of Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar recorded off UHD I see the picture morph into a signal from a conflicting channel. What's really odd is one of them is the Kansas City FoxHD signal. Called Dish and they sent someone out but the guy was a contractor who trashed Dish all the time he was here and managed to knock my 129 signal down about 10 points. I had to repeak after he left.

I'm resigned at this point to wait and see how things look after they launch the new sats.

That's what I'm seeing (before my 622 freezes up) is a CBS station of some kind, but don't know where it's coming from, during drop-outs of Atlantis and BSG. I didn't know anyone else was seeing a station from a different location besides myself as no one has mentioned it (that I've read).

I agree...resigned to waiting to see what the new sats provide...

once myself

With the 24 I get tp31 at a 93-96 range. Tp27 is 80-83. The signal strength seems strong enough even with the drops. But now something really odd has been happening for approx one month. Every single recording of Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar recorded off UHD I see the picture morph into a signal from a conflicting channel. What's really odd is one of them is the Kansas City FoxHD signal. Called Dish and they sent someone out but the guy was a contractor who trashed Dish all the time he was here and managed to knock my 129 signal down about 10 points. I had to repeak after he left.

I'm resigned at this point to wait and see how things look after they launch the new sats.

I saw this happen once myself while watching something on 129 as well. It was the KC Fox HD channel which I get via sat. I thought that it was a switching error at control for E*. I have a 1.2 meter dish on 129.

I mentioned the Fox station because I could identify it as KC. But I have also seen a CBS station, I just don't know which one. So it appears we all have observed a common problem. It isn't only UHD programing but I haven't been tracking that closely. I just happen to have recorders set up on those programs.

I've been lucky enough that the programs have recorded thru to completion. But sometimes to view them I have to get to a point just prior to the signal loss and then fast forward thru the bad section.

If the recorder indicates it went the full time of the program I can usually get past the bad spot. I look at the time mark of the recording where the problem occurs. If possible I rewind a little then ff till it appears I'm past it. If it is all frozen up I restart the program from the beginning and then ff thru the bad spot. It's kind of like getting a running jump.

Thanks, Chuck! Tried something close to that approach this afternoon to watch last night's BSG that I DVR'd from UHD and was able to watch the entire episode minus what I had to FF through. So I watched about 50+ minutes out of 60. I was pleased! :) Saw a station during a drop-out with the call bug KCTV 5...googled it...it's in Kansas City. Weird...

long_time_DNC; said:
Thanks, Chuck! Tried something close to that approach this afternoon to watch last night's BSG that I DVR'd from UHD and was able to watch the entire episode minus what I had to FF through. So I watched about 50+ minutes out of 60. I was pleased! :) Saw a station during a drop-out with the call bug KCTV 5...googled it...it's in Kansas City. Weird...

Glad it helped. I have that saved but haven't watched BSG yet. Will do tomorrow. Be iteresting to see if I get the same results. Interesting that it is Kansas City locals again.

Very surprised I had not dropouts. Might have been I just had the recorder set for a different airing. This was the first BSG without picture breakup in a long time. Odd thing the KC HD locals are on TP1 and it is far from my strongest TP on the 129 Sat.

Both my BSG and Stargate Atlantis recorders are set for the earlier airing. But I think it was just luck, it's the first time in a while that I saw no disruption. I think I am going to set up for a duplicate for the later shows just to cover bases.

I'm sure there are a few ways to get there. Try 3 clicks on DVR button (to get to future recordings) then highlight and click on the one you want. Then click restore (top item on list). It will then give you option to restore just the one duplicate or all duplicates.

I being from Port Angeles have just been in envy at those able to receive over the air locals. So I decided the other day to hook my old rooftop antenna that I used for analog channels in the past to my 622. To my surprise I actually receive 4 channels. 2 out of Canada and 2 transmitted from Bellingham. I tried pointing to Seattle/Tacoma no luck. Boy I wish I could pull in Fox13. Internet sites I've looked at show my area is covered. NOT!?:( Oh well maybe Dish will wake up.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)