Seattle Locals in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaylvee

Original poster
Oct 7, 2006
Mukilteo
I have a question, in the Seattle area, D* only has NBC and CBS. And they supposedly do not know when FOX and ABC are coming online. What recourse or alternatives do we have to get ABC and CBS in HD on D*? I tried to get the feeds from the East or West coast but that is a 45 day process with slim to no chances.

What are the alternatives other OTA? I am 25 miles north of Seattle so OTA is not really an option. TIA

A couple of days ago someone posted in AVS forum two emails from KOMO and KCPQ . KOMO says that they are still trying to find an agreement to carry the subchannels and from what I hear D* doesn't want to do it so it can be a long time before KOMO (and probably KATU in Portland) gets on D*.
The agreement for KCPQ is done thing but they are waiting for the corporate lawyers to give the final ok. So this could be imminent.
E* has KOMO but not FOX so I guess the only thing you can do is wait and hope unless you can have cable.

Yea, I am considering going with Comcast (have an install appt for Friday) temporarily just to get locals while still keeping D*. Tho that can get $$, but I would really love to watch the MLB post season without having to pay more $$.

SkyBoySea, what is E*? Any idea when FOX 13 will be in HD on D*, you said it would be imminent, where did you find this info anyway?

I am 25 miles north of Seattle so OTA is not really an option.

I live 75 miles SW of Seattle and get HD KCPQ(FOX)OTA, and E* gives me ABC,CBS and NBC.

Usually we find anyone within 30-40 miles of the tower gets HD locals w/o a prob.

Check http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx. I find it fairly accurate. At least it will tell you if a big hill is in your way or something.

Brad, thanks for the info. According to the link I should I should be getting a Red coded antennae, are there any local retailers that you would recommend to purchase an antennae?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am kind of new to this.

OK, I have another Q, if I get an antenna can I mount it to the AT9 or do I have to mount it separately? I am assuming I can hook it up via the diagram for NEED BBC.JPG found in this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=77836

I have the HR20-700... any suggestions/help is appreciated.

jaylvee said:
SkyBoySea, what is E*? Any idea when FOX 13 will be in HD on D*, you said it would be imminent, where did you find this info anyway?

E* = Dishnetwork
AVS forums has a few threads discussing HDTV in Seattle (cable, sat, OTA). A list of the threads is at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=453241.

About using an antenna, I am in Kingston, across the water from you and I get no usable signal. You might do better if you have not tall trees around and you are not in the lowest area, by the water.

jaylvee said:
I have the HR20-700... any suggestions/help is appreciated.
Until D* enables the HR20's OTA tuners you can't use it to receive the broadcast signals. You have to connect the antenna directly to your TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)