Seattle locals in Spokane?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wmp1283

Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
seattle
I have a vacation property close to Spokane.

My home service is in the Seattle area.

If I buy a second dish set up, and take my current receiver with me when I visit, will I still get Seattle locals?

I've researched local spot beams etc for hours, and am still confused.

If anyone who has experience with this, or knows how to interpret the spot beam maps floating around the web, I would be most grateful for advice.

Thanks.

Possibly, but the signal levels will be lower. The Seattle HD locals are on 99(s), transponders 16 and 20 and if someone in Spokane could check the signal strength on those you could probably determine if it would work (however, the Spokane locals are on transponder 15 which only shows a strength of 22 here). I haven't seen any good maps for the Ka satellites.

Thanks Bob.

Anyone from Spokane out there that can measure signal strength on 16 and 20?

Thanks in advance!

I suspect they should come in just fine Spokane Even with the large mountain chain between here and seattle and the fact that the locals here share similiar transponders as the ones in Spokane, yet the Seattle transponders are stronger than the spokane one at this point which is about an hour and a half to two hours depending on traffic from Spokane. Someone a little closer might be able to give you a better read, but based on this the signal shouldn't degrade by much I would think.
Transponder 15 strength 94 here.
transponder 16 strenght 99
transponder 20 strenght 98

MSHAW - many thanks!

I suspect I will be OK. I'm actually fairly far away from Spokane... my property is located off HWY 20 half way between Tonasket and Republic at 4200 feet elevation... Only 15 miles south of the Canadian border - but from what you describe I suspect I will get decent enough coverage to pull in the locals.

Where are you located?

Tx wmp

Status
Please reply by conversation.

On-Screen Guide Size Increase

HR22 HD DVR on Standard TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts