Please reply by conversation.

larry55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 15, 2009
dothan al
Paul Finebaum has just announced sec and Directv has got it workout when he on the alt channel his show will be shown on Directv.

Paul Finebaum has just announced sec and Directv has got it workout when he on the alt channel his show will be shown on Directv.
Wouldn't that be a normal thing anyways ?
If theres a game on, they would move his show to another channel ?
They have alt channels available to them to use.
I suppose if they had decided to Not do that previously, that would be on them ... I guess if you like Paul's show, thats a good move for ya.

Wouldn't that be a normal thing anyways ?
If theres a game on, they would move his show to another channel ?
They have alt channels available to them to use.
I suppose if they had decided to Not do that previously, that would be on them ... I guess if you like Paul's show, thats a good move for ya.

Only when it was scheduled in advance. They didn't put things on there if a game goes over the alloted time and another one starts.

Only when it was scheduled in advance. They didn't put things on there if a game goes over the alloted time and another one starts.
Directv can move some sub feed / over flows to full time some of local RSN's alt feeds are now full time on local cable / att uverse (has more bandwidth for stuff like that)

att uverse also has both SEC alts live 24/7.

Directv can move some sub feed / over flows to full time some of local RSN's alt feeds are now full time on local cable / att uverse (has more bandwidth for stuff like that)

Both? I thought the second one (SEC+) was online exclusively.

I also have no idea what the rest of this post is trying to say...

Both? I thought the second one (SEC+) was online exclusively.
SEC Network Alternate is an additional television channel. It is not live 24-hours a day. Content only appears on the channel on occasion when games overlap. There is both an Alternate A and Alternate B channels that exists on some providers, I do not think the Alternate B channel has ever been needed to show anything since it launched (yet).

SEC Network + provides hundreds of additional digital only events to fans through the WatchESPN app on smartphones, computers, and tablets, Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. SEC Network + is not a television channel.

SEC Network Alternate is an additional television channel. It is not live 24-hours a day. Content only appears on the channel on occasion when games overlap. There is both an Alternate A and Alternate B channels that exists on some providers, I do not think the Alternate B channel has ever been needed to show anything since it launched (yet).

SEC Network + provides hundreds of additional digital only events to fans through the WatchESPN app on smartphones, computers, and tablets, Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. SEC Network + is not a television channel.
THAT is not entirely true.
The SEC Network IS a channel, Directv has it on 611 and 611.1 That would be the Main channel and an Alt.

from the SEC Network site (also posted above)

3. What is the difference between SEC Network, SEC Network + and SEC Network Alternate Channel?
SEC Network is a live 24-hour television network.

SEC Network Alternate is an additional television channel. It is not live 24-hours a day. Content only appears on the channel on occasion when games overlap.

Reactions: Jimbo
from the SEC Network site (also posted above)

3. What is the difference between SEC Network, SEC Network + and SEC Network Alternate Channel?
SEC Network is a live 24-hour television network.

SEC Network Alternate is an additional television channel. It is not live 24-hours a day. Content only appears on the channel on occasion when games overlap.

Yes. Exactly. So what on earth is the second one (alt B ) some are talking about? Sounds like someone at some providers created a second alternate on TV not fully understanding that the + is online only.

Yes. Exactly. So what on earth is the second one (alt B ) some are talking about? Sounds like someone at some providers created a second alternate on TV not fully understanding that the + is online only.
exactly!
Looking at the football games this past season on SEC Network there were only two games at same time (one on main, one on alt)
basketball there are plenty of non conference games but only one was on the main station. All the rest were on PLUS....and if you hide the "web only games" they all disappear

Basically the main topic at the top makes it sound like Directv will carry the alt feed for more than just SEC games

Great example is BTN. Directv carries the pre-game on all alts whereas Dish doesn't. So if your game is on the alt you can see the pre-game on that channel with Directv. Dish requires a channel change

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)