SEC CHANNEL

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So what that doesn't mean anything, they do that all the time on every complaint, Only the higher ups know what's going on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

But the fact that it is in such high demand and being talked about so often must mean something for directv. I've never really seen a channel wanted this badly before. I can imagine Directv employees are asked about the network several times a day.

Question is, how much would the SEC fan be willing to pay ?

Remember, this will be spread out over all subs, as D* will be offered it at a price of MUCH more than other channels, and when other channels come along they will use THIS as a starting point for thier channel, provided it's a major channel.

I believe that ESPN cost 2 or 3 times more than other ESPN channels. SEC network will probably be not as expensive but will have the main ESPN channel connected somehow.

The way I see it now with the merger (if it goes through). Directv will have this channel at least a year/year and a half. Probably much sooner but I'm ok waiting.

I believe that ESPN cost 2 or 3 times more than other ESPN channels. SEC network will probably be not as expensive but will have the main ESPN channel connected somehow.

The way I see it now with the merger (if it goes through). Directv will have this channel at least a year/year and a half. Probably much sooner but I'm ok waiting.
I bet they are asking about $4 a sub.

I'd go up to $5.00, myself. But unless DirecTV pulls its head out and reclaims its lead in sports programming, this 15-year customer is history.

It will be there. Or Directv won't survive. In the south, SEC is more popular than NFL. No bar will tolerate not having those games. I have a feeling we'll see Pac12 before long, too. Directv can NOT call themselves the sports leader, just because they have ST. I see ads for a cable company on my Virginia locals (Charter, I think) that claim to show the most live sports. TWC has a "most local sports" claim (which is very very very true), etc. Directv's "brand" has always been sports. It is going to lose that.

Question is, how much would the SEC fan be willing to pay ?

Remember, this will be spread out over all subs, as D* will be offered it at a price of MUCH more than other channels, and when other channels come along they will use THIS as a starting point for thier channel, provided it's a major channel.
$5 / month
Still a lot less than going to the games

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)