HR44 screen goes black while watching live TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mbarry55

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Altoona PA
Hey guys, this week or so I have noticed that my HR44 will just go black while watching live TV. Guide still comes up but no video or audio. Soon as I change to another channel it works, but eventually will go black again. A reset fixes it for a few days but it just comes back. Viewing recordings works just fine. Was hping to avoid a replacement box as I have a lot of recordings I do not want to lose, so I was hoping someone here might have encountered this and had a solution for me. My other 2 HD DVRS(24's I think) work just fine so I do not think it is a signal issue but who knows.

Anyone run across this?

Have you checked your signal levels when the screen goes out?

No. I did not think it was a signal issue like I said since the other two receivers aren't having the same problem. I did another rbr this morning and it's working again so when it does it again I will look. What should the signal strength be normally?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Check the 99c and 103ca and 103cb screens. The numbers are normally in the low to mid 90s. Mid 80s is about the lowest they should be.

I just checked them (as it is working at the moment) and the lowest number on any of those was 87, most numbers in the low 90's as you said.

That's good for when it's working. Try checking when you get the black screen.

I am having a similar problem except mine is just the audio. It is just one of the clients I have a genie and two clients I tried switching the two clients to see if the box was bad, but it still does it. If I keep changing the channels the audio comes back. I called Directv and said they will came out and fix it for 100.00, I told them no thank you. It doesn't do it all the time just enough to be a nuisance.

Sometimes a reset will clear up the audio issue.

I had that same issue also when you see a black screen but audio continues, and changing channels fixes it, I did a double reboot and haven't had that issue since, or recent software update(well early May) fixed it not sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still have some issues but not all the time with audio delay when changing channels, especially fast changing using the channel button, I had that issue since I had the HR44 last year, but it was a little worse then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it continues, call back and request a replacement. It should be $20 at the most, for shipping. You may be able to get them to waive that fee.

Ended up having a service call and he cleaned up some wiring and gave me a replacement HR44-500. He said he thought it was corrupted software or something cause the date of the update was close to when my problems started. Either way it's working now. Thanks for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts