SEC CHANNEL

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes we want sec channel and I am willing to pay for it. If d don't carry it I'm gone ass.

I am not complaining about paying for it. Just saying if they carry Big Ten then Pac12 and SEC should also be. List the channel in the geography they cover and where it's not put it in the Sports Pack. I am more than willing to pay $5 just for the channel as long as it has no blackouts.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I agree it should be the same. Where I live it would be in the sports pack. To me that is awesome and would ad more value to it.

In the long run, the Sec channel will be available on D*.
Wasn't all that long ago another channel like that was being talked about Not being on D*, when the season came around, it was there...
People just have to be patient , in reality, its not needed till Football season gets ready to go, thou it would be nice to see it sooner.

SEC Network doesn't even launch until August, right? I think Jimbo is right. TWCN SN wasn't there for the first few Lakers games, but it showed up eventually. SEC will probably be the same way. If D* doesn't sign, ESPN will put a very-high-profile football game on the SEC Network and then D* will carry it. I hope to see SEC, BuzzerBeater, Goal Line, and official watchESPN access with D*. This is no LongHorn Network, that is not needed. Adding it will invite other schools to do the same. I am okay with the major conferences having their own network, but not individual schools.

And who cares if you live in MN and have the BTN. I live in NC and have the BTN. Everyone has access to the BTN...

I think Directv's ESPN contract is ending this year and by then they'll negotiate for SEC channel, but hopefully it doesn't take as long as Dish current negotiation, But knowing Directv's stand on sports cost who knows, but of course we'll have an increase every year as usual.

DIRECTV ANNOUNCE IN THEIR EARNINGS REPORT THAT IT WILL NOT BE CARRY THE SEC CHANNEL.I'M NOT UNDER CONTRACT WITH D AND THAT BE THE CASE I BE MOVING ON. I WAIT TILL AUGUST TO MAKE SURE.

Before reading what others posted here, I came across the news that Dish Network has reached a new contract with Disney/ABC which will include expansion of the company's programming brands. And, with that, the new SEC Channel will join the Dish Network lineup.

News like that can have a way of changing what a rival company figures it will and will not do.

My husband told me yesterday if Directv doesn't pick up the SEC channel, we are definitely switching back to Dish. Our two-year contract with Direct runs out in early July, so we can join Dish with no penalties before the SEC's Aug. 14 premiere. Plus, I'll be able to see WatchESPN on TV and not just my phone. :) But, I hate all the switching, so my fingers are crossed Direct will get the same deal!

Before reading what others posted here, I came across the news that Dish Network has reached a new contract with Disney/ABC which will include expansion of the company's programming brands. And, with that, the new SEC Channel will join the Dish Network lineup.

News like that can have a way of changing what a rival company figures it will and will not do.

Yes, the press release from Dish states that, in relation to ESPN, they are getting the missing HD feeds, full access to watchESPN, SEC Network, Buzzer Beater/Goal Line, and Longhorn Network.

no longer under contract

I'm no longer under contract with DTV so I've decided that I'm going to give them till Oct-Nov to resolve the 2 big programming issues I have with DTV.

1. Pick up SEC Network
2. Make WeatherNation more local or bring back The Weather Channel (Personally I think they should do both)

I'll definitely switch to DISH if these channel issues aren't resolved by Oct-Nov 2014. I've made it a point not to have Geine's so if I need to switch it won't be a big deal. All I have is one HR24 & three H25's. The price is going to be the same no matter which provider I go with. So I'll go with the one that has the channels I want.

I'm no longer under contract and I will be leaving d also if they don't pick up sec or don't get the same packages as e.

I personally do not care what Dish does, have bounced back and forth a couple of times, and I think at the end of the day Directv does a better job at making sure my programming stays on. Dish consistently does things to piss people off under the guise that they are working for you, when their bills and fees are still going up as well. It's all BS.

I read Directv and ESPN are already talking and Id love to get WatchESPN and SEC Network access by August, but if I do not I can see enough football that I need to now so Im not really worried. ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNUHD alongw ith ESPN 3 offer a LOT of fball I want to see. Then throw in CBS and ABC.

I'm also not willing to forget over one contract signing that I almost went two seasons with ESPNU in SD, which is utter crap.

My husband told me yesterday if Directv doesn't pick up the SEC channel, we are definitely switching back to Dish. Our two-year contract with Direct runs out in early July, so we can join Dish with no penalties before the SEC's Aug. 14 premiere. Plus, I'll be able to see WatchESPN on TV and not just my phone. :) But, I hate all the switching, so my fingers are crossed Direct will get the same deal!

WOW!...Just WOW..
So you would start a new 2 year agreement with a different provider, which you could end up hating, to get ONE channel?

Yes, the press release from Dish states that, in relation to ESPN, they are getting the missing HD feeds, full access to watchESPN, SEC Network, Buzzer Beater/Goal Line, and Longhorn Network.

Christ...This deal is going to cost us all like 7-10 bucks extra per month....For stuff most subscribers will never view/use.

WOW!...Just WOW..
So you would start a new 2 year agreement with a different provider, which you could end up hating, to get ONE channel?
Personally, I would. Although Ive been with Dish before, so I know what I would be getting into.

Thing is, there is very little that I watch live that actually keeps me paying for sat service. Live college sports, SEC sports in particular is the main thing. I would rather stay with Directv, but if they do not offer it, and one of their competitors that I can get does....Ill go then consider my options again at a later time. If I am going to pay for it, I certainly prefer to get the content that I watch.

Edit: and it wouldnt be just one channel for me. Its access to watch espn (which I do have through a friends comcast account, but this would be easier on me and not dependent on him keeping service)

Christ...This deal is going to cost us all like 7-10 bucks extra per month....For stuff most subscribers will never view/use.

Let's leave the Lord's name in vain somewhere else.

I think many people will use it. Most people don't watch most of the crap we all have to pay for so your point is moot.

I'm no longer under contract with DTV so I've decided that I'm going to give them till Oct-Nov to resolve the 2 big programming issues I have with DTV.

1. Pick up SEC Network
2. Make WeatherNation more local or bring back The Weather Channel (Personally I think they should do both)

I'll definitely switch to DISH if these channel issues aren't resolved by Oct-Nov 2014. I've made it a point not to have Geine's so if I need to switch it won't be a big deal. All I have is one HR24 & three H25's. The price is going to be the same no matter which provider I go with. So I'll go with the one that has the channels I want.

WeatherNation is local. Press the red button. It's not the same as the real local forecast if one of your locals has an affiliation, but it's not any less than the weather channel gave us...

Let's leave the Lord's name in vain somewhere else.

I think many people will use it. Most people don't watch most of the crap we all have to pay for so your point is moot.

You are assuming everyone believes in that word. How about leaving the political and religious out of it. I did not take anything from the use other than it being a word used for frustration, YOU made it religious.

WOW!...Just WOW..

I left Dish partially because of their local channel disputes, but also because I went a whole fball season without ESPNU, and wasnt going to do it again. I had previous experience with Directv though and new Id be just fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)