SEC football ventures north...

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3937054"]LSU, West Virginia to play home-and-home series in 2010-11 - ESPN[/ame]

I can hear you yankees now:

- It's still south of the Mason-Dixon...
- Why didn't they schedule them when they were still good...
- Let me know when you schedule a team in the middle of winter in a state bordering a Great Lake...

laughing.gif
Hey, it's a step in the right direction.

It doesnt matter, the sec haters will make some excuse.. Something about playing football in the snow is the only way to play it etc... As if two teams playing in perfect weather condition is not a true test of their ability..

What is it now 3 in a row for the SEC? How many since the BCS started? I'll let the records speak for themselves thanks.

It doesnt matter, the sec haters will make some excuse.. Something about playing football in the snow is the only way to play it etc... As if two teams playing in perfect weather condition is not a true test of their ability..

What is it now 3 in a row for the SEC? How many since the BCS started? I'll let the records speak for themselves thanks.
Actually, having lived up here now for several years (and before that in Denver), football played in the snow is a kick in the ass! :D

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3937054"]LSU, West Virginia to play home-and-home series in 2010-11 - ESPN[/ame]

I can hear you yankees now:

- It's still south of the Mason-Dixon...
- Why didn't they schedule them when they were still good...
- Let me know when you schedule a team in the middle of winter in a state bordering a Great Lake...

laughing.gif
Hey, it's a step in the right direction.

"LSU has not played a non-conference game on the East Coast since facing Virginia Tech in 2002."

Umm, both Blacksburg and Morgantown are located several hundred miles from the ocean, and in fact, both are located in the Ohio River drainage, west of the eastern continental divide. Would not Gainsville, Athens, and Columbia, not to mention Atlanta, the site of the 08 Peach Bowl, be way more "east coast" than either of those places?

In any event, this makes no sense for LSU, either economicaly or on the field. As it relates to football, if LSU wins by 40, then it should have. If it loses or even wins by a small margin, then its a massive upset. As it relates to money, it makes no sense at all. LSU can sell out every game versus anybody, and under the SEC contract that will be in effect at that time, if it plays an non-cartel team, could syndicate the game itself within Louisiana and keep all the money. WVU can sell of its own accord, about 30K seats. The other 35K seats at its stadium only sell if the team is really good (by Leastleftover standards) or by the away team. So it plays an away game and just gives the away team 35K seat sells it could not otherwise sell and gives a game involving the SEC to the non-SEC TV contract nationally, posibably to ABC.

Why would not LSU play Middle Tennessee State in Baton Rouge twice?

"LSU has not played a non-conference game on the East Coast since facing Virginia Tech in 2002."

Umm, both Blacksburg and Morgantown are located several hundred miles from the ocean, and in fact, both are located in the Ohio River drainage, west of the eastern continental divide. Would not Gainsville, Athens, and Columbia, not to mention Atlanta, the site of the 08 Peach Bowl, be way more "east coast" than either of those places?

In any event, this makes no sense for LSU, either economicaly or on the field. As it relates to football, if LSU wins by 40, then it should have. If it loses or even wins by a small margin, then its a massive upset. As it relates to money, it makes no sense at all. LSU can sell out every game versus anybody, and under the SEC contract that will be in effect at that time, if it plays an non-cartel team, could syndicate the game itself within Louisiana and keep all the money. WVU can sell of its own accord, about 30K seats. The other 35K seats at its stadium only sell if the team is really good (by Leastleftover standards) or by the away team. So it plays an away game and just gives the away team 35K seat sells it could not otherwise sell and gives a game involving the SEC to the non-SEC TV contract nationally, posibably to ABC.

Why would not LSU play Middle Tennessee State in Baton Rouge twice?

Blacksburg and Morgantown on the Ohio river DRAINAGE !!!!

Your right, they are a long ways from the EAST coast .... still not up where the Big boy teams play ....come a little farther north and play someone that will give you a challenge.

As for your last paragraph ......
LSU cannot play ALL thier games at home.
Yes they could go play the Little Sisters of the poor if the wanted to, and keep the money ....
Yes, they will sell the rest of the seats for the home team .... just like other BIG time teams do for other schools.
Let's not forget, they are not the LSof the Poor, they are a real team playing, not a division 3 team.

Which team from the north would you suggest the SEC play?

OSU? (isnt the SEC already 10-0 against them?)

With EVERY game in your own home .....

Play Osu or Pen State for a change, Michigan as well, just not the last few years.

SEC teams are not always great year in and year out.
example:LSU was very ordinary this year

btw, didn't Michigan BEAT a certain SEC team soundly before this past year ....

Jimbo

Last edited:
West Virginia is effectively North of the Mason/Dixon line. Parts of WV are North of Pittsburgh and Columbus. When Virginia left the Union in 1861, West Virginia split off and aligned with the North, and became a separate Northern state in 1863.

With EVERY game in your own home .....

Play Osu or Pen State for a change, Michigan as well, just not the last few years.

SEC teams are not always great year in and year out.
example:LSU was very ordinary this year

btw, didn't Michigan BEAT a certain SEC team soundly before this past year ....

Jimbo

Yes Mich. Kicked FLA's ass handily. That year FLA didnt deserve to be on the field with Mich they clearly wanted it much more.

But I didnt hear any excuses about the weather being a factor :rolleyes: or "being played in the south" being a factor:rolleyes:

Theirs no excuse for an ass kicking like that. Nor was their for the butt kicking OSU took twice in a row.

No excuse for the one Ole Miss put on Tech, or FLA on OK...

I didnt hear OK Fans making excuses about the game being played in FLA.. But if it was Ohio, you bet your ass we'd hear it....

Yes Mich. Kicked FLA's ass handily. That year FLA didnt deserve to be on the field with Mich they clearly wanted it much more.

But I didnt hear any excuses about the weather being a factor :rolleyes: or "being played in the south" being a factor:rolleyes:

Theirs no excuse for an ass kicking like that. Nor was their for the butt kicking OSU took twice in a row.

I didnt hear OK Fans making excuses about the game being played in FLA.. But if it was Ohio, you bet your ass we'd hear it....

You must be bored with College Football in the offseason and all. Seriously, is there a more angry poster on these boards than you? Give it a rest already. :rolleyes:

OU's beaten plenty of Fla teams in the Orange Bowl over the years. No intimidation factor there. Sugar Bowl is another story. ;)

You must be bored with College Football in the offseason and all. Seriously, is there a more angry poster on these boards than you? Give it a rest already. :rolleyes:

Angry? I didnt see one angry smilie in that post :rolleyes:

I do get bored with CFB is not in season. I love it, cant get enough of it.

I dont recall ever being angry though. At least not about football. Its a game, people shouldnt get all bent out of shape over it. I just love pointing out that fact to people who spend thier time makeing excuses instead of just saying "we got beat maybe next year". Plus its fun to get those OSU fans fired up, they give me a good laugh.

You're welcome to come back to MICHIGAN and try again. I promise it won't snow.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)