SEC network alternate channel not working?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It tells me I need to subscribe to that channel. Directv is really not handling the SEC Network launch worth a damn. Wish now I had switched back to Dish. Oh well.

Sub moron at broadcast control simply failed to do his job properly. Compounded by untrained CSRs quoting NFL blackout rules, rather than passing on the info to broadcast control.

Somebody should be fired.

I was wondering why I had a "I need to subscribe to this channel" screen. I'm glad they finally fixed it.

What's up with the SEC Network audio? Both games sound mono to me. If I switch to other channels, it is noticeably the usual 2.0 or 5.1 but not SEC Network. Am I delusional?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This always happens in the beginning with a launch ... I expect the same type of things when the Sunday Ticket starts tomorrow.

A few weeks ago you guys were complaining that it wasn't up with a blank screen saying sec .... now your not happy because you didn't have the alt channel for 20 minutes.

1st weekends are always a challenge regardless Remember, the sec channel is working fine, it's the alt channel your complaining about and IT just started this morning.

Gosh, yeah. Expecting something I pay for to actually work. After all, I am only a customer. Maybe they will get it right next month, or the next.

The type of attitude that broke GM.

I am with you Sam. This is not acceptable. It wasn't acceptable when Dish didn't have the Longhorn Network game in HD last weekend either.

I would be inclined to give a mom and pop cable operation a pass.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

now your not happy because you didn't have the alt channel for 20 minutes.

1st weekends are always a challenge regardless Remember, the sec channel is working fine, it's the alt channel your complaining about and IT just started this morning.

Had my team been on that channel I would have certainly been pissed at missing that much of the game.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Your team won't play on that channel unless its against Tennessee Tech A&M

Could have yesterday, and possible next week. With as many games as they show someone is gonna get alternate channel. Some more than others.

My particular team being on it unless they play a certain other team really isn't the point though.

Could have yesterday, and possible next week. With as many games as they show someone is gonna get alternate channel. Some more than others.

My particular team being on it unless they play a certain other team really isn't the point though.
IF its like the BTN, every team will be required to play at least 2 football games on the network per year.

That said, your not gonna see the Top teams play one another on the channel.

Sigh...I don't care if it's a top two team matchup, and it's not run like the big ten.

They can play one game on the channel. If I had to miss 20 minutes of it, ANY game, no matter the matchup, I'd be pissed.

Reactions: ejb1980 and Mr Tony
doesnt matter next week as there is no Alt games. All games on main network
UCF/Missouri at 11:00
UL-Lafayette/Ole Miss at 2:30
Kentucky/Florida at 6:30 (Central)

They can play one game on the channel. If I had to miss 20 minutes of it, ANY game, no matter the matchup, I'd be pissed.
I agree. If I wanted to watch MY team and it wasnt on when it should have been (or technical glitches) I would be mad too. I hated (when I had D*) waiting to see a game only to have the previous game over run and there was no backup channel for it.

To be fair the SEC Network if they have a pregame on before the 1st game should have lit it up on the alternate channel too (the BTN does this...if there are multiple 11AM games the pregame is shown on all the alt channels too) which would allow Dish, Directv, Comcast, and whoever else carries the SEC Network to "get the kinks out" of the alternate channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts