Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fuifnummer

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
West Chester, PA
HI Guys,

Just spend some time browsing the forum and I think I have the answer just need a confirmation as I am not very technical with this.

I have two dishes one of 76 c and one of 100 cm. I have the Fortec star Mercury II receiver. I want to combine these two dishes and bring both signals down using 1 cable. And I think I can do that with a DisEqc switch.

With the 76 I look at Satmex-6 and I would like to point the 100 at Galaxy 19. From reading the forum I understand I need a DiSEqc switch for example the DS41C from Sadoun. http://sadoun.com/Sat/Products/DiSEqC/DS41C-DISEQC-SWITCH.htm.

Once the two dishes are on the roof I connect both LNB's to the DiSEqc switch and bring the signal down to the receiver.

It sounds to simple to be true so that's why I want to run this by the forum.

Kind regards

Fuif

Yes that's all you need is a DiSEqc switch. There is another option and that is to use a 22khz tone activated switch, however if you are using a universal LNBs then stick with the Diseqc switch because a universal LNB also requires a 22khz tone and there will be a conflict.

Remember to unplug the receiver when connecting/removing a DiSEqc switch.
They can be easily destroyed by static eclectricity or any kind of sparks.

Last edited:
Don't forget to weatherproof the switch if you put it outdoors. There's little plastic cover/boxes available for keeping out the rain/snow. Or if you just run two cables indoors, you're ok.

Yes for sure weather proof that switch.

Also, be sure to power off the receiver by unplugging it before connecting the switch.

The DiSEqC switches, in particular, can be damaged if there is power on the coax when connecting the cables.

EDIT: Just saw Jorgek's post giving the same advice, sorry for double posting.

Tron, it works for me EVERY time I've forgotten to unplug! I have blown up more switch ports than I can remember..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts