Second receiver pixelates

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dpeople

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
I have a Swim set up and my main tv works great the other TV in my bedroom will pixelate a lot the TV that works fine is where the PI is connected.

I have tried running a brand new wire straight from the swim splitter to the receiver and even tried a different end on the splitter and still get the same results. All the ends that are not used on the splitter are capped.

I am assuming that my PI is bad just wanted to see if there where any other ideas before I order a new one.

The receiver that is not working is a HR24-700 and is less then 3 months old and has been doing it since I installed it.

Thanks.

This is almost certainly nothing to do with the PI. Have you run the disk diagnostics on the HR24?

its not DVR its just a HD receiver.

I did eliminate the PI being a problem. I connected the bad receiver directly into the output of the PI and go the same problem.

You said it was an HR24 which is a DVR, if it's a receiver what model is it?

Maybe you have marginal signal, just good enough for the other receiver. What are your signals on 99c, 103ca and 103cb (look at all the transponders), they should all be high 80s to mid 90s....

These are the number on the seccond (bad) TV.

99c.jpg
103ca.jpg
103cb.jpg

My guess is either a sporadically bad tuner in the H24 or a loose/bad cable somewhere.

I think I've eliminated all wiring issues by running a wire directly from the swim splitter to the receiver and then directly from the PI (which works on the other tv) to the receiver and getting the same results.

Tonight I will run a coax from the bedroom wall jack to the living room receiver and see if that works without the picture breaking up.

If that works fine then it has to be either the receiver or the swim splitter.

Are the unused outputs from the splitter terminated with 75ohm terminators?

Yes they are.

And I ran a coax from the bedroom wall jack to the living room tv and no issues.

Which I think would rule out the wiring and the swim splitter so I think it would have to be the box at this point.

I got a new receiver and it was working great up until this week so I tried swapping it out with the other box in the living room (that one was working fine) the bed room receiver was doing the same thing in the living room so I put it back in the bed room and it was worked again the only problem is now the receiver in the living room is breaking up instead. The only thing that has changed this week is the weather dropped with lows -0 does cold weather do anything to the SWM?

I've tried taking the splitter off and running straight off the dish wire to the PI then into the box in the living room and I got 701 error and it says its try to download guide info. At this point the only thing I can think of is either the coax connected to the LNB is bad/loose or the LNB itself is bad/affected by the weather.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)