Second room remote not working

londonandlawson

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
I have a 322 in my living room that is hooked up to a second tv. The remote works sporadically, I have tried changing batteries.

On the back of the receiver, make sure the UHF antenna is screwed on tight, and is as exposed as possible (maybe even try adjusting it to another position)

Does the "SAT" light come on the remote each time you press a button?

it is screwed in and the remote was working, not anymore. the light does come on and the blue light is on the receiver

Try changing the remote address:

-Go to TV1, and on TV1 remote press menu twice to get to system info
-Once on system info, grab TV2 remote
-On TV2 remote, press and hold "SAT" until all the mode lights on the remote light up (when you release "SAT" will be flashing)
-Press any number 1-15 on the keypad
-Press # (SAT will flash 3 times confirming a good code)
-Press record (may take a couple presses, but the secondary remote address on the screen should change to whatever number you entered on the keypad)

I tried that, still not working even though the number changed. It will control the receiver on the tv in my living room

Does the TV2 remote have the blue #2 key on the bottom of it? Try taking off the battery cover, taking the key out, flip it around, put it in, take it back out, flip it back to the #2, and put it in with the #2 facing out (make sure it goes in all the way)

What is the remote model (on back at top something like 4.0)?

Well there's your problem!

Any idea what happened to it? We can't send out just that one piece, but I can get you info about getting a new remote if you PM a phone number or account number.

Now I am having issues with my living room remote

I use a Logitech Harmony remote and it was working fine and controlling my 322, but now neither the Harmony or my Dish remote will work with my receiver. Any suggestions?

Whoops!

We changed TV1's remote address, so follow the steps above using TV1's remote, and press the number "1" on the keypad

Most universal remotes need the receiver's remote address to be set at 1 to work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts