Seeing Red!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmm, does the local cable co have a $10-$15/mo local only package? Or if you're using a cable modem, install a splitter and scan for QAM, a lot of times the local digital channels are not trapped on the line with cable modem only service.

Hmm, does the local cable co have a $10-$15/mo local only package? Or if you're using a cable modem, install a splitter and scan for QAM, a lot of times the local digital channels are not trapped on the line with cable modem only service.

The local hd channels used to be available here with cable internet only, but that stopped a few years ago unfortunately.

side note: interesting as on the Dish site that zip gets LA locals. Its been known on some border areas Dish goes with one market and Directv might be with another
This often happens based on which service is using which set of DMA maps. That said, I kinda doubt that this map has changed much over the last five years.

looks easier said than done in his area. zip run on tvfool shows minimal reception
Only seven of the 15 channels in the list (and 3-4 projected to be receivable) are digital. The other eight are analog and not tunable even with guide data.

neither are low powered stations. The AM21 only logs low powered stations if they are associated with a major network

The local hd channels used to be available here with cable internet only, but that stopped a few years ago unfortunately.

Well, by law they have to be unencrypted so they must be on a trapped signal range.

I remember when I had cable they trapped like 2-78 but most of the QAM was in the 100's.

That's only if you are paying for cable tv, not internet only.

I was just saying they're still unencrypted. If you're already a cable modem user it's usually just $10-$15/mo for a "locals" package that would require them to un trap the signals on the line.

I was just saying they're still unencrypted. If you're already a cable modem user it's usually just $10-$15/mo for a "locals" package that would require them to un trap the signals on the line.

True, but since I get them through Directv and can get them no problem ota, there would be no point to getting them from the cable company.

neither are low powered stations. The AM21 only logs low powered stations if they are associated with a major network
The AM21 doesn't log stations at all. The failure comes from DIRECTV's apparent disinterest in including LP stations in the guide data.

The AM21 doesn't log stations at all. The failure comes from DIRECTV's apparent disinterest in including LP stations in the guide data.

You haven't followed the saga of the AM21 not carrying all of the local ota channels, have you? Remember, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

You haven't followed the saga of the AM21 not carrying all of the local ota channels, have you? Remember, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

he hasnt had Directv ever so how would he know....he'd rather "troll" in this area :rolleyes:

really? So you know this as fact huh? :rolleyes:
well I guess since you wanna play with fire scarecrow I guess the pics from the Directv tables proves that the AM21 does show LP stations in some cases (by the way they're highlighted in yellow)

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 68
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv satellite signals.

dish realignment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)