Seeking all info possible on Glorystar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

needshelp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Blair, Nebraska, United States
I am considering getting Glorystar and would like any and all input on it.

Signal strength, products, performance....

I am especially interested in recording, especially how to get shows to a DVD. How do you like using a flashdrive?

Sounds like you have to record to the DVR, transfer to a flashdrive, upload it to a computer, then burn to DVD. Is that correct? What programs or softwear do you need?

I just use a DVD recorder, but if you want to use the DVR you can record to a FAST flash drive or a USB external drive. Then plug the Flash drive or the external drive into the USB port on you computer. You will need software (VideoReDo TVSuite) to convert and burn programing to a DVD.
Bob

I just use a DVD recorder, but if you want to use the DVR you can record to a FAST flash drive or a USB external drive. Then plug the Flash drive or the external drive into the USB port on you computer. You will need software (VideoReDo TVSuite) to convert and burn programing to a DVD.
Bob

You CAN record directly to DVD?? I thought you couldn't do that. (That's what the sales lady there told me.)
Which tuner (?) do you that you are able to do that.
How do you hook everything up and tell it what/when to record?

I bought a DVD recorder and plugged it in to the Receiver (DSR-200 or DVR 1100). The recorders are made by all of the major DVD player companies. It will plug in with the standard red/white/yellow RCA cables. You set the satellite receiver on the channel that you want to record, then set the recorder for the start and stop times. When done recording you will need to finalize the DVD (on the DVD recorder) then you can make copies on your computer - if you want additional copies.
Bob

Have you been to the glorystar.tv website? I never recorded to a DVD but have used a flashdrive sucessfully for some time to just record and playback. I get 70% Quality on most channels, except for a couple channels.

Here is a C/P from their website :

The DVR1100c records on an optional USB 2.0 hard drive or flash drive that is MS FAT32 compatible. Most USB 2.0 drives that are 500GB or smaller are compatible with the DVR1100c if the packaging indicates compatibility with both Mac and PC. If the drive packaging only states that it is PC compatible, check with the manufacturer to verify that the product is correctly formatted for MS FAT32. The receiver supports USB 2.0 hard drives and flash drives that are as large as 500GB (GigaByte) or equal to 500 hours of TV recording. One GB records approximately 1 hour of TV programming or 20 hours of radio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)