Status
Please reply by conversation.

manutea

Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
tahti/french polynesia
Hi folks,

I'm a newbie on this site...
I just got an old 14.5' paraclipse dish and need its damaged mesh to be replaced
will need informations about places where I could buy some ?

thank you.

Patrick

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie on this site...
I just got an old 14.5' paraclipse dish and need its damaged mesh to be replaced
will need informations about places where I could buy some ?

thank you.

Patrick
This is the DISH Network forum not a forum about dishes you should try the FTA forum for quextions about "C" band dishes.

Great looking product. You forgot to mention it is less than $20 for the 12"x25ft roll. ($17.84 here). I may get some to put on a shelf in the garage for future dish patching when needed.

Hi folks, I'm a newbie on this site... I just got an old 14.5' paraclipse dish and need its damaged mesh to be replaced will need informations about places where I could buy some ? thank you. Patrick
Unfortunetly, you can't get factory cut mesh for Paraclipse anymore. But, I checked at some fabrication outfits for replacing my Paraclipse 12 footer mesh but the cost was quite high - not worth it to go that route. If you have the tools and ability you might be able to cut the mesh yourself and save a bunch of money. My solution was to go buy a new 12 foot dish ($2000) - having replacement mesh professionally cut by a local fabrication business would have cost $1500.

I don't know where you would find a complete replacement, but if you can just patch what's there, I had good luck with Kwikmesh, which is a flashing that Home Depot sells in rolls. The mesh size and shape was almost identical to that on my dish, and it is springy enough that it molds well to the existing contour. There is a picture of the label on this page: http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/212074-found-damaged-bud-now-what-2.html
That's not exactly the way the mesh was intended to be installed (on a Paraclipse) but if you can get decent performance with it I'd say give it a try. I might just give that a try to see if I can at least get DVB-S2 performance on C-band.

OK, to whom it may concern :
Got EXACTLY the same aluminium mesh with ULLRICH ALUMINIUM (new zealand- closer from my country)
I was a lucky man.

Thanx to all for all your replies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)