Seiki39" UHD TV $299

Maybe they should label it "pre-UHD" since it was made before the standards were finalized, and are not as expected.

Still, that's a heck of a price.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Ive been thinking about replacing my second monitor with one of these.

Well, you can let us know how it works out.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Now that is a low price on 4k! Makes you wonder how fast the 4k screens will come down in price, they seem to be down quite a bit already.

Well it arrived. :)

I won't be able to test it until tomorrow.

I see WalMart is out of stock now.

I watched some videos about it and the picture is supposed to be very good, the big downside with it is it's only 30 hz in 4K mode which is low.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1404424557.824509.jpg
here is a pic of the box

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well I had time today thanks to Hurricane Arthur to setup and play with my new Seiki 39" 4K TV.

When I first started playing with it... I thought I was going to send it back. But now with some tweaking and adjustments I am getting the WOW factor I expected from 4K.

For $300 its an excellent buy to get your feet wet in 4K, but I dont think I would want this as my main TV.

I was able to send real 4K video from my Retina Macbook Pro to the set, and audio was playing from my laptop instead of the TV. I quickly remidied this by going into my Mac Audio settings and setting the output to the TV. Only problem is audio is sent to the TV full blast with no way of turning down the audio coming from the PC. With the TV volume set at 1 it was much louder then what I normally listen to my TV at.

My Seiki came loaded with the latest firmware which was nice. :)

Out of the box the picture coming from my DISH Hopper looked like crap with faces looking yellowish green. I got lucky and saw an ad on tv and knew what the colors were supposed to look like and paused the video so I could go in and adjust the settings until I got the picture looking a lot better.

After it was done I got the idea to search for Sekie 4K Picture Settings and found a few things including a few people who had the set calibrated. I was pleased to find that my settings were just a couple of clicks off from what those who had their set calibrated. So if my settings were 56 the calibrated settings posted were 54... so my eye was very close which was a good thing. :)

There does not seem to be a separate memory for each HDMI input which annoys me just a little, but I can make do.

There does not seem to be any upconversion, but maybe line doubling... I am not 100% sure.

The audio on the TV sucks. It sounds like a $2 speaker if that located in the back of the TV. But for my use I will be using wireless headphones anyways not a big deal.

Here are my settings that I am using currently..

CONTRAST - 38
BRIGHTNESS - 58
COLOR - 37
SHARPNESS - 0
COLOR TEMPERATURE - WARM
NOISE REDUCTION - Off

Service Menu Settings (To set to service menu, press MENU then enter 0000 on the keypad, this will put you in the service menu.)

GAIN RED - 142
GAIN GREEN - 142
GAIN BLUE - 116
OFFSET RED - 520
OFFSET GREEN - 510
OFFSET BLUE - 510
BACKLIGHT - 53

So if your are out looking to buy a new TV for your mail TV I would say this is not the TV for you... but if you want to play with 4K then for $300 you have yourself an amazing deal. Sure the picture is not at good as a $4000 4K TV but you can definately tell the picture is better than regular HD. :)

From your review it looks like they put their money into the panel and not the speaker. The Chinese panels are going to give the big names quite a run for their money over the next few years. I wonder if the Japanese and Korean companies will be able to still produce their own panels after a few years.

Even my LG 42" 3d smart-tv has sucky built-in speaker sound. I just hooked up a Vizio soundbar to it with an optical cable, and the sound is fantastic! The tv speakers are turned completely off. The soundbar had been running on it a little over 1 year now, and makes all the difference in the world. Just buy one for a little more money, and you'll be good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)