Seiki39" UHD TV $299

Well one thing that sucks is Netflix don't work with this TV as it does not support HEVC for the 4K streaming.

So my son is going to college in 3 weeks, so I am going to give him this TV and put back up my old Samsung. :) The line doubling in this set sucks. :D

Sorry to hear that about the TV. So, I thought your sons were all younger than college age. Or am I suffering from "missing time"? :eek:

Ok, not missing time but definitely misremembering. I remember you mentioning two sons and I remember one of those was 9 at the time, so he must be the 11yo.

Well I decided to give this TV another shot before giving it to my son to take to college. I purchased a $40 U-VISION cable from Amazon... and if you are watching something in 1080p it upconverts to 2160p and all's I can say is WOW!

It also helped big time with DISH Network and DIRECTV but you have to put your boxes in 720p mode for it to work, then it did some picture enhancements and displayed it in 1080p The picture coming from the satellite receivers now looked MUCH better. Now if I could only figure out a way to get my Hopper or DIRECTV HR24 to output 1080p all the time so it could upconvert it to 2160p it would be amazing!

Still undecided if I am going to keep it or send it to UCONN. :D

Reactions: TheKrell
I tried the cable with a Samsung UHDTV and Direcrv but saw no change. I didn't change from 1080i to 720p though.
Scott can you elaborate on the changes you saw watching Direct/Dish.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It does not work with interlaced signals. You need to go to 720p for it to work. When I did that the fuzzy words on the screen from the sets poor line doubling were clear, the picture had more texture and detail.

Interesting.
I may need to give it another try.
I find that Dish pic needs more sharpening than Direct. More noise on Dish in my eyes.

It does not work with interlaced signals. You need to go to 720p for it to work. When I did that the fuzzy words on the screen from the sets poor line doubling were clear, the picture had more texture and detail.

How on earth can Seiki screw up line doubling that badly?

Got the U-VISION cable adapter and added to my Samsung 4ktv first to see how it did. I wanted to add it to Dish Hopper to see if could cut down on some of the video noise.
The tv said it converted the video to 3840p x 2160p. Which was odd as I thought to would convert 720p to 1080p.
Did it make a visual difference?
It created way too much clouding on the led backlighting. I tried several adjustments but could never turn down the backlighting without making pic too dim.
No worries. I really got this to put in my chain of my Sony 1080p projector. I already have a Darbee and plugged the U-VISION cable adapter into the chain of the Super Joey.
I adjusted the gamma to 2.6 on the fp and the adapter really help take away the noise. Very close to a Directv picture as I recall.
This adapter is really good for long cable runs as you don't need the USB power to perform.
Very good investment for $36 IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts