self install cabin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
I am thinking of switching from dish network to direct, As I have a cabin about 100 miles away from my home which I use for fishing in summer and hunting in the fall and snow mobliling in winter, in addition to my dealer installed dish on my home, I put my own dish on my cabin so I can take my receiver there when I use the cabin. If I sign with Direct would I be able to do that also, and if so where will I find the info where I can purchase the right dish(s) and what satellite(s) I need to aim at.

yes you can do that. BUt it depends on a couple things

What local market are you in? You say Central Wisconsin which could be Eau Claire or Wausau market (or other) ;). If Wausau that is a MPEG4 market...what does that mean to you? You dont get any SD receivers. Any receivers you get will be HD.
edit: looks like both markets are MPEG4 only..

So at the cabin if you dont want locals or HD any old Directv dish will work
Otherwise you would need a slimline 3 LNB (that gets 99/101/103) or a 5 LNB (that gets 110/119 along with the other 3). You can buy slimline dishes on ebay or solidsignal (as example)

Jerry,

You might want to check with D*. They may provde the cabin dish as part of mover's connection. They did that for me at no charge. The only difference might be that I was an existing customer, not a new one. But, it's worth checking out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)