self install (im stuck)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shootermcgaven2

Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
sask canada
Help..

i live in a rural area and nobody will help me . Self install is the only option for me. i cant get the dish pointed right. i will post my long/latitude .

Latitude = 49.6505, Longitude = -108.4098
Lat = 49 degrees, 39.0 minutes North
Long = 108 degrees, 24.6 minutes West

i have a slimline d-tv dish and hdreciver. the dish is ontop of my house but i cant seem to get a signal

helpfull posters only please

Last edited:
Latitude = 49.6505, Longitude = -108.4098

Lat = 49 degrees, 39.0 minutes North

Long = 108 degrees, 24.6 minutes West

i have a subline d-tv dish and hdreciver. the dish is ontop of my house but i cant seem to get a signal

helpfull posters only please

Isn't the subline series a Dish network product?

Hopefully he meant SLIMLINE DISH with his lack of knowledge he probably also has a SWM but dosen't know it.

Hopefully he meant SLIMLINE DISH with his lack of knowledge he probably also has a SWM but dosen't know it.

im not sure if i have the Single wire multiswich. but im only hooking up 1 box so does that matter?

it says i have teh 99/101/103/110/119 intergrated LNB with 4 outputs is this the SWM?

maybe my problem is the old cable is not compatable??

How many ports are on the LNB? If there is one, you have a SWM LNB, four, you have a regular LNB. Makes a big difference (ease) when trying to point.

If you follow the dish setup dirrections exactly, you shoulf be hitting at least one bird, if not two, which should require a litle slewing to hit the third.

Cable must be RG6 or RG11

im not sure if i have the Single wire multiswich. but im only hooking up 1 box so does that matter?

it says i have teh 99/101/103/110/119 intergrated LNB with 4 outputs is this the SWM?

maybe my problem is the old cable is not compatable??

A SWM LNB will have only 1 coax connection on the LNB and will need a power inserter. If the LNB has four outputs then it's not a SWM. How many white pickup's are on the LNB, if it has three then it's a 99/101/103/110/119, if it has only one then it's a 3LNB and sees only 99/101/103.

Are you getting any signal readings an any satellites? Are you running the cable directly from the LNB to the receiver and not going through another switch? If you don't have a HR23/H23 receiver have you installed the BBC? In the receivers satellite setup you've selected the 5LNB dish type? Is the mast for the dish plumb since if it's off just a little bit it can mess things up?

Are you getting any signal readings an any satellites? Are you running the cable directly from the LNB to the receiver and not going through another switch? If you don't have a HR23/H23 receiver have you installed the BBC? In the receivers satellite setup you've selected the 5LNB dish type? Is the mast for the dish plumb since if it's off just a little bit it can mess things up?

my box is the HR21-200 HD/DVR. my cable runs direct from the lnb to the box. do i need a bbc?

Yes, you need BBC's on both satellite in lines, they should have come with the receiver. But that would only effect the new Ka HD channels, you should still get the old SD channels and have readings on 101/110/119 satellite transponders.

i have no bbc's but i can buy some when get this setup working. and i only have 1 coax cable running to my reciver. do i need 2? there is 4 coax ports on my lnb. does it matter wich one i use. im getting no signal at all

Doesn't matter which output you use on the dish, all the same. You need two runs in order to be able to use both tuners in the DVR, it will work with one but you can't record two channels or record one and watch another. Sounds like either your cable is bad or your dish isn't aligned.

Without compass and signal meter, its a pain in the ass to find a signal, get a cheap meter and take time to get a signal is the main thing first, then work slow to try get all the signal.

Without compass and signal meter, its a pain in the ass to find a signal, get a cheap meter and take time to get a signal is the main thing first, then work slow to try get all the signal.

i have a compass alredy but ill buy whatever it takes to get this working. if i need it. im gonna try to replace the cable tommorow when circet city opens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts