self install

well you guys were right... and i can say i fixed the problem. As said before the 622 on a SDTV?! well here you go. new pics of the current (in progress upgrade)

brand new 50" plasma

my bed room is a MESS im moving the old entertainment center into and i have to redo all my wiring (not a small task)

as for the weather boots, im using water proof connectors and i wrapped them w/ electrical tape. i thought it would be good enough. correct me if im wrong.

Attachments

• DSC02017.JPG
    DSC02017.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC02018.JPG
    DSC02018.JPG
    487.1 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC02019.JPG
    DSC02019.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC02020.JPG
    DSC02020.JPG
    434.1 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02021.JPG
    DSC02021.JPG
    316.9 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC02022.JPG
    DSC02022.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC02023.JPG
    DSC02023.JPG
    326.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Why did you take the case off of your 301?

long story.. (now shortened) friend brought it over told be that it needed a new power supply (y im helping him idk). i opened it up and it looked fine (at first glance) but decided to give him parts out of another i had, just finished changing out them yesterday and have yet to put it back together. its on my todo list and as u can tell that list just keeps on growing.

edit to specify: new power supply (in this case)= new fuse, new cable solder and a new resistor. he blew the fuse and some how (i have no clue how) broke the power cable then when i was soldering that back together, I messed up and melted one of the resistors, so i cut one off a spare (hasn't been used in a few yrs) and soldered that on..

mods you can close this down if you want my upgrade is done.. thanks for everything.

Last edited:
well today was the day. everything went as smoth as possible and i have everything working (ok littile issue w/ dish 500 feed but im not going to worry about that yet). the 622 looks AMAZING and im still getting used to how wonderful it is. Im posing the newest pics of the install and a few from before... not in a slide show this time (i didnt really like it).

please post any and all comments and have a wonderful night/ day.

thank you all again for all your help. oh and please dont tell me my room is a mess... I know it is and ill get around to it lol

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/case-a-kill/dish 622 install/
gotta ask..why are the dishes not set to the proper skew?..Also, do yourself a very big favort and either cover those di plexers in soem sort of plastic, get them off the roof or coat the fittings( easiest and best) with a dilectric caulk.Get the caulk at any electrical supply house. It's not straight silicone and I would not reccomend using straight silicone.....You are asking for trouble leaving the dipleaxers and cable connections on the roof like that..Otherwise, your install looks good for a DIY....

My main comment is how much air gap is there for the 622 on each side and does that cabinet have power ventilation, if not you will be able to fry and egg on the 622 after an hour or so. They run VERY hot, dangerously so.

gotta ask..why are the dishes not set to the proper skew?..Also, do yourself a very big favor and either cover those diplexers in some sort of plastic, get them off the roof or coat the fittings( easiest and best) with a dielectric caulk.Get the caulk at any electrical supply house. It's not straight silicone and I would not recommend using straight silicone.....You are asking for trouble leaving the diplexers and cable connections on the roof like that..Otherwise, your install looks good for a DIY....
im taking your advice on the plastic cases (im going to lowes to pick up a water sprinkler case, heard those are good for the install)

My main comment is how much air gap is there for the 622 on each side and does that cabinet have power ventilation, if not you will be able to fry and egg on the 622 after an hour or so. They run VERY hot, dangerously so.

for the over heating im putting a laptop cooler under it and ive added 4 80mm fans to the back of my center to help cool everything.

thanks again to all the advice everyone has given me. its made my install a lot better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts