Self Installation?

60z

Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
I already have a DPP44 and the lines running into my house. All that has to be done is to install the dish and hook up the receivers. From talking to Dish its sounds like there is no way for them to mail me the dish and receivers and for me to do the installation. Is this true or am I just not talking to the right person? I know the installation is free, I just don't have time to take off work and I have installed dishes before.

dp 44 switch, do you have international channels? 500 plus dish? do you also have a power inverter? do you know what the proper order is on the switch? do you know you can't put a switch on a ddp twin or 100.2 lnb or itll burn out?

just call them and have a tech do it...or just sign off on his work order that he is no way liable and if something goes wrong you'll pay the service charge and just have him give you the cable, lnb, and dish.

it is easy to do but i have yet to see a self install done correctly where you optimize signal strength etc.

Speaking as an installer, you would be better off having an installer do it for you. Dish does installs 7 days a week and if all the cables are still "good", then the install should not take more than. Besides who is to say the 44 switch is still good, and the other poster was right. You need a power inserter with the 44 switch.

Yea got the power inserter and DP44 and cables are all working, I have Bell right now. Anyway I guess I will just wait until I have some time off to get it installed by Dish.

@gadgetguru63 - my job is based in a different location and on my days off I cannot always get a flight home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts