Send recordings from dvr to other receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thomasa1980

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
All,

I'm sure this is in here somewhere but I've been unable to find it so far. I recently switched to DirectTV from Dish and could no longer view my DVR recordings on my bedroom TV.

I was told that there's beta software available that was supposed to let me do this. I was told the receivers needed updated on Friday evening between 11PM and 2AM and when I saw the splash screen I had to enter 02468 to start the update.

I have updated both receivers. They are both connected to my LAN and those connections have been verified.

However, my recordings do not show up when I click "List" on my second receiver and I do not see where else they should show up.

Does anyone know how to make this work or can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Thomas

The most recent Cutting Edge beta release has had the MRV removed as it needs a lot of work. There's more info in that forum.

BTW, it would help to know what receiver models you have.

As said above the MRV was removed because this firmware is a National Release Candidate version as I have read. Also, even if this version had MRV; you can just hit LIST, you need to perform some keywords entries to "open up" some of the beta feature sets. You may want to read up on CE in that area of the board. And make sure you know what models you are working with as each gets its own firmware version and that doesn't mean each and every week.

I have the following equipment:

HD-DVR - HR23-700
HD - H23-600

will do some more reading and see what I ca nfind out....

Status
Please reply by conversation.