Send Signal from two receivers, to one tv, possible??

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
I was wondering if I could send a signal from two receivers to one tv? I have the 722 in one room and the 322 in another. The 322 already sends signals to one tv. But I would like to send the recorded shows to the same tv occasionally . Would it be possible to join the two signals, and how would that be done. I know that obviously one receiver would have to be off so that the other signal could go through. Could I use a regular cable splitter that converts from one to two signals? Would that be backwards compatible? Both the 722 and the 322 have something like that on the back of the receiver. Or do I need to get a special one just as the Dual tuners have, from a local installer?

I tried this before using just a normal splitter and combined the Tv2 outputs from 2 receivers on 1 tv. I put one on channel 73 and the other on 80 I think it was and it worked fine. Just change channels and it was right there. You should be able to do the same thing with TV1.

The DPP seperator on the dual tuners is not a splitter. It will not work that way.

Sweet, can you tell me how to change the channel on one of the receivers? To get this right you used a regular old two way splitter? So they are back wards compatible, instead of splitting, it would join two cables, and would work on one tv?

Yes, just use a standard splitter as a combiner to combine the output of the 722 with the tv2 output of the 322.

The channel format and number is changed from the "modulator set-up" screen on both recievers.

Just keep the channels three apart. Or more. Also try to keep them away from any strong local channels.

When I had Dish I had (still due until Monday) a Duel Tuner DVR and Single Tuner DVR what I did was have both boxes in the same room.

Connect the box duel tuner (we will call this Box1) (OUT TO TV RG6) into the 2nd box into the RG6 (antina IN) input on my 2nd box.

In the main room where the boxes were I used the Audio/Video outputs to connect to the main TV and to the Surround system from both (box 1) and (box 2)

Then I use the RJ6 (TV out )from (box 2) to go to the 3 other the TV's in the house.

If you dont have a way to use Multiple Video and auto outputs/inputs you can just used a slitter from box2's (TV out)to go to all tv's

All TV's in the house can see channels or recording off both Satalites boxes.

To see the BOX 1 from the other TV's then you just push the Sat/tv button on your BOX 2 remote or shut the power off on BOX 2

I Im getting Direct TV Monday with 1 DVR HDplus and 2 other standard Duel Tuner DVR boxes and not have to figure out how to do this with their systems.

What sucks also is Direct needs to have 2 cables for each Duel tuner DVR type box from the Sat.
Where Dish I only used One cable for each box and split it at the duel tuner with the switch splitter provided with the box.

This will be the first time in 13 years I have had an installer do the work but it look like im going to have to run some new extra cable myself because they will not fish wires down a wall for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)