What box? no HDTV yet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

broncobri5

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2007
Dayton, OH
I will be having an install scheduled soon, (through Clyde) and will be getting a 722 to enjoy HD TV in all its wonder.

My father is pissed off at TWC like everyone else in OH, and wants to sign up for dish. He has seen our DVR and is sold on that technology for sure. However, they don't have a HDTV. Would there be any point for him to get the 722 with no HD as opposed to an SD DVR and then upgrading in the futurte? I know with a cell phone company you get a good deal in order to make you a customer, but that is the last good deal you get, on equipment at least.

I believe that they will get a new HDTV in a year or 2, or hopefully buy my rear projection after I get my new Pioneer Kuro.

If you are willing to spend the extra $20 per month, the HD DVR is well worth it. One of my 622s is connected with a component cable to a high end SD TV that is about five years old. The HD channels look very good, and with the OTA tuner the local digital OTA channels look much, much better than the local SD channels on Dish. Since more bandwidth is provided for the HD channels, there are fewer compression artifacts than the SD version of the same channel. If a DVD looks better than regular TV on your set, then the HD channels will look at least as good as a DVD or better. Many newer SD TVs have a horizontal resolution much higher (700-800 lines) than analog broadcast (330 lines) or SD satellite TV. Make sure you use a component or S-video cable for the connection to the receiver.

If he doesn't have an HDTV yet, I don't think they will install a 722. They could give him a 625 DVR for SD which is also a dual tuner.

All he has to do is order online (or by phone) and say he has an HDTV and a second SD TV in another room. That will get him the 722. When the installer arrives, he can just tell him he the new HDTV is being delivered next week (or that he's getting it "soon.") The installer will go ahead and set it up on the existing SD set, and I doubt he will ask any other questions.

DISH cannot provide HD in "all its wonder". So you better cancel your install and go with Directv.:D

I think that the HD will be eaqual with both of the sat players sooner or later. I NEED a HD-DVR and that is the reason I will go with E*.

If he doesn't have an HDTV yet, I don't think they will install a 722. They could give him a 625 DVR for SD which is also a dual tuner.

We'll install a 722 with no HD. We do it all the time. You just have to pay the 6 dollar enabling fee per month if you don't have an HDTV yet, so you don't have to pay the full $20 for the HD package.

I too have the same question as the original poster which was never answered.I would be a new E* customer. Would it be to my advantage to sign up for a 722 now (want a dual output dvr) versus getting a 625 dvr. I am also contempating a HD TV in a year or so?

I too have the same question as the original poster which was never answered.I would be a new E* customer. Would it be to my advantage to sign up for a 722 now (want a dual output dvr) versus getting a 625 dvr. I am also contempating a HD TV in a year or so?

Cheaper to get the 722 as a new customer, if you sign up and try to get an HD receiver in a year or so, you have to pay an upfront lease fee ($199 for the 722). You do get one 722 free as a new customer.

You need to keep in mind that without the HD package, you will have to pay a $6.00 per month activation/access fee for the 722.

I'm getting a 722 for my dad. I think he'll get a HD tv soon But I'm going to get te 722 and the HD pack for the "Free" period then just let him pay the 6.00 monthly fee. He's currently with cable so it'll be a savings either way :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)