Sept 19th 6:00 AM HD D* PARTY!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It sounds like everyone with Directv got sold a bill of goods. I am betting that the new hd channels won't see light till year's end. I hope this doesn't effect the way DISH has been adding hd channels. With no pressure from the competition at Directv , they will feel no rush to add new hd.

I'm not going to get too mad yet! My CSR yesterday told me we will have 30 Launching TODAY. She didn't say 6 Am. So I still got my hopes up! BUT she did say 30 TODAY. IF thats not True then D* has a lot of explaining to do.Their employees should not be giving out false info. And I'm getting tired of D* keeping us in the dark! ALL YOU Moderators and Supporting founders NEED to start pulling your connections and get us some answers.Thats why we all come too these Forms!

Have you heard anything ScoBuck from your source?

Well more broken promises from directv....just goes to show never believe csrs.....ever. I don't know if this party of the directv emmy one was more of a bust. Bottom line is more hype, no results.

It looks like bschneider was right on the money days ago when he indicated there would be a delay....how long, who knows.

CSR's need to get their act together. I'm sick and tired of being told a load of BS everytime I call. One minute you have to Pay $299 for equipment the next its FREE. One minute we have HD the next we don't. Bottom line D* customer service SUCKS.

We do get hung up by the technology companies, Windows new versions, Apple new versions, Verizon in rolling out FIOS. I have been one of guys in the Data Centre more than once when the best plans of mice and men get delayed.

Well more broken promises from directv....just goes to show never believe csrs.....ever. I don't know if this party of the directv emmy one was more of a bust. Bottom line is more hype, no results.

It looks like bschneider was right on the money days ago when he indicated there would be a delay....how long, who knows.

I find it truly amazing that you would make such a statement.

First off, if anything Bschneider said is true to you - it is that this is NOT DirecTV's fault - it is a result of the issues with the satellite. Blame BOEING.

We have all learned years ago that CSRS give varying info, but more important, this seems to be info that is fluid - and has in fact changed within the past few days.

The only important info - is that they are testing the the sat (as they published), that the national beams are fully operational, and that they will be launching the new service within 30 days.

Delays in the space business are the norm, not the exception. This is NOT a land-based DirecTv problem.

I have not seen any word that Boeing has yet to turn over the sat to DirecTV - have YOU?

Sorry, that doesn't work. Directv has no doubt many partners involved in the launching of this sat, but in the end, it's directv's fault if the partners they have employed did not get the job done.

As an E* subscriber you should be used to stuff like this, paying for channels and Charlie decides to turn them off and no reduction in your monthly charge.

and that is why I moved from E* to cable. Shame I believed D* and left cable after having went to E* from D* years ago as D* kept promising locals and E* had them, and after 6 months of lies, lies, and more lies from D* CSRs, I finally gave up on them. Looks like they almost got me, but this hardware is going back today. Enough is enough.

Status
Please reply by conversation.