Serial Interface

b54so

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Ohio
I know on the other thread (Thread: New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver) it was mentioned that the internal serial port header is used for emergency recoveries. Does the serial port also support remote commands such as channel up/down, menu, channel number, ect.? If so, will there be a command list available? I’m hoping I can get rid of the IR emitter running out of the xbmc box I have for a more reliable serial connection.

BTW – I’m pumped to get my hands on one of these little guys and finally dump my dying S10!!!

Thanks!

The serial port is a 4 pin header connector on the PCB. I have never explored the unit to determine if serial commands could control basic remote control functions. I have the impression that navigation and control is not possible via the serial port.

Serial port maybe used in the event that the USB is disabled by firmware error or for old school upload/download of firmware, user data and backgrounds. Serial logging programs can also display STB function routines.

Is this a standard cable I can buy easy somewhere if not, will the manual have a schematic showing which pins are tx,rx and gnd so I can make my own. I hope I never have to use it, but I like to be prepared just in case. :)

Here is the diagram for the 4 pin header on the PCB. microHD_Serial_Diagram.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)