Series Recording Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kilcher

Original poster
Jan 31, 2014
IL
New to DirecTV and just want to make sure I'm not missing something. It looks like I'm only able to set up series passes for shows that have episodes currently scheduled to air. Is that correct?

For instance, if Mad Men is coming back in March and no episodes are currently being aired, is there any way to set it up based on the name of the show?

I'm converting over from Comcast/TiVo and would really like to add all of my series passes now so I don't have to keep track of what shows are coming back when.

Thanks!

Go to "menu", "smart Search" with the name of the show. If there is a new series expected this will often give you "series Premiere" as an option, select it and then set up a series link.
I just tried Mad Men and the Series Premiere is there.

Just an FYI - just before the premiere is actually to be shown, check the series link to make sure it is still correct. It has been known that a channel might change the name of the series slightly and this can invalidate the series link.

Thanks! I don't remember seeing anything like that but I'll check again when I get home from work. Any idea if there's a way to do it online or from the app? That'd give me something to do today. :p

You can Record things from the website and the app, but, it only goes out 14 days, like the recvr.

One thing I did figure out awhile back, once you gave your list of Recordings, after the finally of your show, it will pick the whow back up when it comes back for the next season as long as you dont take it out of your To Do list.

You can Record things from the website and the app, but, it only goes out 14 days, like the recvr.

One thing I did figure out awhile back, once you gave your list of Recordings, after the finally of your show, it will pick the whow back up when it comes back for the next season as long as you dont take it out of your To Do list.

I think you mean don't remove it from your Series Links, since there aren't any future episodes it will be gone from the To Do list

I think you mean don't remove it from your Series Links, since there aren't any future episodes it will be gone from the To Do list

Isn't that what I said ?

"as long as you dont take it out of your To Do list."

Tex,
when the show comes back on in the fall, if it's still in the To Do list, it will pick it up.
At least that how mine has worked.

For example,
Haven is done for the season and should be back on, as long as I leave it in the To Do list, it will have a (0) next to it until it finds Haven in the guide next time around then it will show (1).

No it would be Series Recordings (or links)

To Do is a list of all scheduled episodes to record regardless if they are a series or a one time thing (like a ballgame)
Series Recordings is a list of the shows you have a series set for.

To Do is a list of all scheduled episodes to record regardless if they are a series or a one time thing (like a ballgame)

Exactly....at the end of the season, the ToDo list is empty..

Ok, thanks! I'm pretty sure I wasn't seeing "series premiere" as an option the first night but it's possible not all of the data had been loaded yet. Either way it was there yesterday and I got most everything set up.

Wife was a little disappointed we don't get CW. She watches a couple of their shows and we didn't realize we weren't getting it, thought it was a local channel. Their shows are available through their app though so it's not a huge issue.

LOVING the whole home DVR. Never had that before and it's awesome.

Picture quality is great. As good or better than cable.

Equipment is not quite as fast as our TiVo was but it's faster than I thought it would be, definitely something I can live with.

Anyway, pretty happy with it so far, thanks again for all of the help!

Your right, I typed the wrong thing, I wasn't home and tried to remember while out and about.

It's the Series Manager that keeps your shows stored for the next season if you don't remove them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)