Server Upgrade / Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am happy to announce that our new server will be ariving today at our ISP in Dallas! The new server is scheduled to be installed today as well. However we will not cut over to the new server until this weekend.

Because the new server is being connected to the existing server there could be some unscheduled downtime of SatelliteGuys.US today. I am sorry I can't give you an specifics more then that as the timing is all up to UPS and our ISP. :)

The SatelliteGuys server is also currently having an issue and email is currently down. I am working now to restore full functionality as I type this (I am a good multitakser) :D

Because of this work in the background there may be some slowdowns.

Thanks for your patience!

Alot of that is probably me or cpanel support restarting things.

Email is still down. Everything else is now functioning.

Working on the email now.

Everything was running fine until 5:08am this morning thats when cpanel updated itself. Since then we have been having issues.

Email from the server is going out, however those few people with satelliteguys.us email addresses still can not log in and check mail nor can they send mail.

Cpanel support is now logged in and is working on the issue.

Ok all systems are fully functional.

Our Cpanel software did its normal auto update and one of the files updated was pointing to the wrong path, and this incorrect path was causing us issues. (In other words it was something they did and not anything I broke) :)

Phew!

Just checked on our server with UPS, and it is still listed "out for delivery"

I know our ISP is waiting for it, they called me. :)

Yippie the server was just delivered to our ISP. :)

Now I need to wait yet again, this time for them to install things.

As they are rewiring there could be a small outtage, but with the way I labeled everything there should be no need for us to go down, unless they need to move the server.

The server is going down in just a few minutes and will be down for 30 - 45 minutes. I just was informed of this...

We will be back ASAP!

We are back up and running.

That went really smooth actually and BOTH servers are now operational and running (note we are not using the new server yet... but it is up. :D :D

Stick a fork in it. It's DONE! (Including the cross server backup every 3 hours).

Thanks to the supporting pub members for funding this, to Scott for running the ROCKINGEST Site on the PLANET!!!!!

I'm PROUD to be the server guru for this place!

Enjoy the speed!

LER

I almost forgot to thank one more person... My wife!

She let me reach into my pocket and pay for the rest of the server that the pub member funds did not cover. In addition she let me pay the extra $2,000 to our ISP for hosting this server for the next year this way we could get the 13th month free on both servers. She figured if we are going to pay it anyways might as well pay up and get that free month. :) (In addition she just a new credit card which we not only paid for the server with... but also the ISP, the great part about this card is it offers 5% cashback for the first 3 months... I think this card had a lot to do with her saying yes) :D

I have a wonderful wife. :) I wouldnt have been able to do it without her blessing.

So thank you dear! 3 cheers for the Prize Goddess. :D :D :D

One problem I see. The monster SciFi channel thread in the Dish HD forum (the one that Scott dropped the cool hint in this afternoon) shows that it was last updated 2/10 in the threads in forum listing, although clicking in it shows posts from today. Not sure if other threads are having the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts