Server Upgrade / Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing a very good speed increase. Nice work guys. I have to say, the staff have been on the ball lately. Keep up the good work and thanks for all you do.

Yeah seems to be fine heck I got at home the other night using my new Motorola Q9c Smart phone and it came up fine. Glad things went well.. :)

New server is pre-emptively clicking links for me, it's that fast! :) I'm scared that it might be becoming self-aware since it asked me if I would like to play a game.

This new server is purring!

Here it is the busiest part of the day... and the server load on the new database server is only 0.07, on the webserver it is 0.69 normally this time of the day we are up to around 1.75 - 2.0 for a load.

We have not even tweeked the servers for performance yet. :)

Below is a top screen showing the stats of the new server. I think its bored. :D :D

Attachments

• newserver.jpg
    newserver.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 118
I am actually doing a reindex of the database at the moment. Normally I would never do this when we are busy, but to the new server it dont care...

Its still bored. :D

I'm seeing the issues relating to old posts showing as just posted to, latest spot to hit is the installer zone and the thread "New box activation"

Its working in most forums, but not all.

vBulletin support has been looking at this issue and have been trying to come up with a fix. Hopefully its all better soon.

Sorry Guys... I have found the website very slooowww on this side of the pond...especially on the podcast page. When I try to download a podcast an error comes up after about 5 minutes saying the file name cannot be resolved (or something as such) and I'm just wondering why. Other webpages not on this site load up as normal. Sorry to give dissapointing news.

Geoff in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts