Whats the point of the D* vs. E* warzone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

vampz26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Chicago
I'm just asking because it seems a little too "D*-heavy" in there...both administratively and otherwise. Its almost like being back amongst the troglydytes in AVS...

Its better than having the fanboys polluting the 2 forums for the respective providers.

If its D* heavy, it could be that yuor on the E* side and more sensitive that way, OR you need to jump into the fray and balance it out.

I generally stay out of the war-zones.

It is a place to give people a chance to vent. For the most part it works. Much less trolling on the general forums there than in other places. There are rules, unlike the pit, but for the most part people are free to post what they like.

Wouldnt that be the best place to post this?

Exactly as stated above. :)

I personally don't even go in there in fact I have it turned off in my user preferences so I don't even see it. :)

Maybe if you read the 'rules' of the War Zone you would understand better:

Welcome to the War Zone!

This is the place for Dish Network -VS- DirecTV discussion!

The rules are simple, no name calling or flame wars against other members.

This forum was made in an effort to curb the Dish Network folks from going to the DirecTV areas and waving their pom poms.

In addition its to curb the DirecTV folks from going to the Dish Network area and doing the same thing.

So LET'S GET IT ON!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1020326-post1.html

Maybe if you read the 'rules' of the War Zone you would understand better:

Oh...I understand the rules all right...I'm just noting the selective enforcement...

Where one 'stays the hand' says a lot...

All things considered...the forum could use a little more 'balance' there...if you know what I mean...;)

As Hall and Scott already stated, if you don't like it...don't post or even read things there. If there really and truly is a major D* slant with little or no E* posters, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume things will eventually die down?

Or perhaps...better for you, I'm sure...the so-called pro/biased D* posters eventually will bleed over to the E* forums. From there the E* dudes will protect their "hood". :p

They are already screaming for me to be banned in that forum because I had the nerve to disagree with them...

unbelievable...

I think scott needs to investigate, because the behavior taking place there is an attrocity. there is no reason a poster in this forum needs to be humiliated, bullied, insulted and harassed over a mere difference of opinion. the mod aparently forgot what his job is, and is part of the problem.

I joined this forum for free and open discussion. that's not what I found. what I found is a disgraceful display of cyberbullying and illegal internet conduct.

btw...there is not much in the way of HDTV being discussed. its all about harassment at this point.

btw...there is not much in the way of HDTV being discussed. its all about harassment at this point.

Why do they need to talk about HD? It is a forum to discuss the difference between Dish and Directv in any aspect.

Most of you didn't.

Don't generalize the decent Directv subs with all the others. Many in that thread were trying to have a decent debate with you. There have been three individuals that have taken it over the top. I would not call three people "most of you".

Don't generalize the decent Directv subs with all the others. Many in that thread were trying to have a decent debate with you. There have been three individuals that have taken it over the top. I would not call three people "most of you".
I will admit, I may have taken it "over the top" a time or two, although that was not my intent. If so, i guess I apologize. That being said, most everthing I saw was to one extent or another a response to a snide remark vamp made.

would you care to name them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts