Whats the point of the D* vs. E* warzone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no reason to call anybody out by name here. That type of discussion should be taken private.
Why ? The forum it's apparently taken place in is a "public" forum. Anyone can go there and find the topic and determine who's who.

the mod aparently forgot what his job is, and is part of the problem.
Who is that ? Just out of curiosity, what service does this person subscribe to, if any ? For a forum like the D* vs E* War forum, maybe a truly neutral person would be a better choice.

Why ? The forum it's apparently taken place in is a "public" forum. Anyone can go there and find the topic and determine who's who.

Because it serves not point to call people out. It just makes more trouble than it is worth. You are correct that people can read and determine who it is so if they want to they are more than welcome to.

My personal preference would be to have the thread closed because it has turned into people name calling and threatening harassment charges on people. I have learned my lesson and will no longer get involved in any of his discussions.

My personal preference would be to have the thread closed because it has turned into people name calling and threatening harassment charges on people.
Only a few of the "staff" will lock/close threads. They have the whole "we're not like that other site" attitude. Scott will often do it though.... I ran across one thread where the person who started it commented how E* customers were "losers" and something about "take it in the a**" regarding the satellite launch failure. That thread just went *poof*.

Only a few of the "staff" will lock/close threads. They have the whole "we're not like that other site" attitude. Scott will often do it though.... I ran across one thread where the person who started it commented how E* customers were "losers" and something about "take it in the a**" regarding the satellite launch failure. That thread just went *poof*.
Yeah the staff here is far and away the best staff on any of these forums when it comes to tolerance. While I didnt totally agree with closing the last thread, Scott did what he thought was best, and I respect that.

Well...for what its worth, nobody better call AVS the fanboy forum anymore. The Zealots and D*vangelists in that group have the troglodytes there beat hands down in terms of perverse brand loyalty and religous rapture, as well complete intolerance to a difference of opinion.

As for the conduct in that thread, I'm sorry, but to preserve the integrity infractions need to be firmly meeted out here, and one particular individual needs to be looked at a little closer stilll...as certain actions were more severe than most...

Because it serves not point to call people out. It just makes more trouble than it is worth. You are correct that people can read and determine who it is so if they want to they are more than welcome to.

My personal preference would be to have the thread closed because it has turned into people name calling and threatening harassment charges on people. I have learned my lesson and will no longer get involved in any of his discussions.

I have never been into the war zone, as I don't feel it's nessasary ....
That said, if you Close the thread, you'll just find those same people jumping into the others main thread and cause the same type of disturbance in the threads we all use now.

Jimbo

I have never been into the war zone, as I don't feel it's nessasary ....
That said, if you Close the thread, you'll just find those same people jumping into the others main thread and cause the same type of disturbance in the threads we all use now.

Jimbo

I never said to close the forum just the one thread.

man some people will cry about anything. If you dont like what was said or being said USE THE IGNORE button. Ignore the user and the problem goes away. I am sure the mods are tired of hearing people cry because someone said something to them. We are all adults here for the most part, Act like it. click the ignore button and you will not have to see that person again. If you feel so "insulted" then dont return to that thread. Trust me there will be many more for you to check out.

Well...for what its worth, nobody better call AVS the fanboy forum anymore. The Zealots and D*vangelists in that group have the troglodytes there beat hands down in terms of perverse brand loyalty and religous rapture, as well complete intolerance to a difference of opinion.

As for the conduct in that thread, I'm sorry, but to preserve the integrity infractions need to be firmly meeted out here, and one particular individual needs to be looked at a little closer stilll...as certain actions were more severe than most...
Infractions are not our thing... deal with it ;)

man some people will cry about anything. If you dont like what was said or being said USE THE IGNORE button. Ignore the user and the problem goes away. I am sure the mods are tired of hearing people cry because someone said something to them. We are all adults here for the most part, Act like it. click the ignore button and you will not have to see that person again. If you feel so "insulted" then dont return to that thread. Trust me there will be many more for you to check out.

The conduct of an individual is one thing...the conduct of a group undermining the core values of an otherwise highly respectible open forum is another...

Please take that into consideration...

That's part of the problem that you can put a Mod in the Ignore list. We all talk so much about James Long on that other forum but we have a mod just like him here. He defends his provider like it's a religion. Everytime I read his posts, it's like reading an preaching Evangelist. He may not delete posts or threads like James Long but he acts just like him defending his provider.

That's part of the problem that you can put a Mod in the Ignore list. We all talk so much about James Long on that other forum but we have a mod just like him here. He defends his provider like it's a religion. Everytime I read his posts, it's like reading an preaching Evangelist. He may not delete posts or threads like James Long but he acts just like him defending his provider.

And lets not forget th selective enforcement of forum regulations...

Not everyone is bound by the same standards...

Hence my earlier post on this topic. Simply don't post things there. Bring the so-called "fight" to one of the E* forums.

From what I've read a typical post goes something like, "Yeah, you may have a better DVR, but we kick your collective tails with HD content". Or something to that effect; minor (or major) rephrasing here or there.

Just to restate to the OP, if you don't like the conditions there...don't go. The whole point of the 'Zone is to toot your horn. A lot of D* posters felt they got picked on when E* was truly the HD leader(rightly or wrongly...that's a whole different topic altogether) and now want to pay things back...and THEN some. Why subject yourself to the whole tit-for-tat?

"Simply don't post things there. "

I don't post there anymore. Just trying to point out what I see part of the problem is. I think Hall has a good point in that the moderator for that forum needs to be someone neutral. I don't agree entirely with OP but he makes some good points.

And lets not forget th selective enforcement of forum regulations...

Not everyone is bound by the same standards...
There was no "selective" enforcement in that thread , he pretty much let it take its course as the posters saw fit

point of the warzone?

Out of curiosity, I took a look at the thread in question.
I got through about the first 65 posts before I gave up.
By then, the whole premise of the topic had been lost.
The thread had degenerated into a "he said; she said"
And that was over 200 posts short of the current end.

So, I would say in response to this threads topic, that I endorse the Warzone, as a fine place for folks to argue, when they have no actual points to make.
Better they should keep it there than elsewhere on the forum.

AND, I notice this thread is degenerating into fodder for the 'zone, too.

btw, I won't be defending this post, so anyone who cares to, may happily rant away. - :D

Status
Not open for further replies.