Service call....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
Good evening,
I've been having some issues with loss of service at various times within the last several months. I believe it's a faulty PI, but just not sure. The thing is that I will have service and be fine, but then I'll get the "Looking for satellite" and "trouble communicating with dish" errors...I believe they're 771 & 771A messages. After a few reboots and several hours, service will come back. Like I said, that occurred a few times over months. But, since this past weekend, it has been non stop. I am a protection plan subscriber and called to make an appointment. The earliest they have is this coming Saturday, so I booked it. That's basically 5 days with no service. If I called and complained about the length of time to get the Tech to the house, would it be unreasonable to ask for some type of credit for this inconvenience?

Good evening,
I've been having some issues with loss of service at various times within the last several months. I believe it's a faulty PI, but just not sure. The thing is that I will have service and be fine, but then I'll get the "Looking for satellite" and "trouble communicating with dish" errors...I believe they're 771 & 771A messages. After a few reboots and several hours, service will come back. Like I said, that occurred a few times over months. But, since this past weekend, it has been non stop. I am a protection plan subscriber and called to make an appointment. The earliest they have is this coming Saturday, so I booked it. That's basically 5 days with no service. If I called and complained about the length of time to get the Tech to the house, would it be unreasonable to ask for some type of credit for this inconvenience?

What I would do is have the tech come out and fix the situation, then call and let them know that you were without service for x amount of days, chances are they will offer you some kind of compensation.

I think 3 days wait or so is reasonable; the protection plan is to cover costs not to ensure next day service arrivals.

What I would do is have the tech come out and fix the situation, then call and let them know that you were without service for x amount of days, chances are they will offer you some kind of compensation.
Thanks Jimbo!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)