Service interruption

ViP722 DVR content lost?

I came home last night to find my ViP722 looped trying to reacquire signal (Error 535 I think). The receiver was off when I left in the morning, but DVR may have been recording something in the afternoon when the western arc uplink went down. Since the reacquire signal wasn't making any progress, I attempted a few soft resets by pressing and holding POWER, but still trapped in a loop. Did a hard reset by unplugging the receiver while off for a couple of minutes, got out of the loop and reacquired signal after 15 minutes or so.

Receiver seems fine except I seem to have lost 33 hours of protected (but unfortunately unwatched) DVR content. :( Checked again this morning, but content seems to have vanished. Timers and favorite lists remain intact. I assume there's no way to recover lost DVR content, but will check with Dish.

Unfortunately, if the receiver has lost the recording there is no way to get them back. You may want to do another hard reset on the receiver by unplugging it and then check for the recording one more time. Good Luck!

Error 535

Mary, thanks for your suggestion. I did another hard reset on Saturday, but previous DVR content must be gone for good. It likely didn't help that I added new recordings in the days between resets.

Oddly, I was still getting complete signal loss error messages Saturday afternoon, but assume it was just a result of my ViP722 crash earlier in the week (while recording during the western arc uplink loss) rather than additional western arc uplink failures.

I've left the receiver off since Saturday afternoon and it seems to be behaving normally again -- stays in sleep mode without self-rebooting and recording indicators appear when they should. Will check new DVR recordings tonight just to be sure (since some recordings from Thursday/Friday were interrupted by what I assume were additional Error 535 messages). I did a "check switch" on Saturday and everything seems to be fine. You don't realize how much you rely on technology until there's a problem!

If the receiver still has problems, I'll try online Tech Support again (or maybe phone if I don't get anywhere with online support).

Thanks again for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)