service is gone :(

catkoko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Well they really did it, sky angel service is gone :( so far 3abn is still on 61/5 :)They didn't wait til 4/1 as originally stated, in fact they didn't even wait until midnight on 3/31!

Eastern Time . .

I think since they were Eastern time, they were gone then.

We will REALLY miss this . . I sadly saw TVU go off . ..

mourning here.....

Yes, it is gone. I watched Murder She Wrote on Hallmark for the last time and when it was over at 12 pm Eastern, I got a screen saying Sky Angel service ended on 3/31. I do still have 3ABN coming in, but I suppose that is just temporary.

Katybug

Farewell SkyAngel satellite. You will be missed.

Angel One is still active on my 119 dish. Anyone know if Angel 2 and KTV are available on the 110 satellite as free channels, like Angel 1?

3ABN isn't affected, it isn't a Sky Angel channel for a long time now, it's a Dish PI channel.

I will miss Skyangel, I changed from cable to Skyangel after i was saved 4 years ago, I have my FTA setup recieving Glorystar channels but its not the same, channels are all over the place and need to be scanned often,

Well...crud! It's been a good seven years or so for me and my family. Maybe when we get a real broadband provider that reaches our house, I'll join SA in IPTV-Land. They may pick up more urban customers, but left me wanting - that's for sure.

I do wish Dominion and their customers (former and current) the best of blessings and for their Christian broadcasting desires to be fulfilled.

Farewell SkyAngel satellite. You will be missed.

Angel One is still active on my 119 dish. Anyone know if Angel 2 and KTV are available on the 110 satellite as free channels, like Angel 1?

Angel One, Angel 2, and KTV are now on in the 200s and I just checked that they are still on there. I have Dish Family but will be trying to get them to switch me to the Essentials.

Angel 2 seems to be running more programming independent from the Clearwater, FL station so I'm guessing they too are parting ways.

As has been my custom I had the All Worship channel on as I slept. Just before 1 AM EST I awoke to find the programming gone and was sad. I then switched over to 3ABN.

The one silver lining I guess is All Worship sure did seem to replay certain songs a whole lot. I loved the format and lack of commercials but I was starting to become irritated when certain songs would seem to come back almost hourly. Ironically I actually liked the songs! just hated the repetition.

I have my FTA setup recieving Glorystar channels but its not the same, channels are all over the place and need to be scanned often,

With the new DVR GloryStar is coming out with I think it will be a lot more like what we have been use to with SkyAngel. They now have SafeTV and Conerstone too. In some ways GloryStar is better.

GloryStar has all the Adventist channels (3ABN, Hope, LLBN), and all the TBN channels (TBN, JCTV, Smile of the Child), DayStar, Spirit Word, Gospel Music Television and now SafeTV and Cornerstone as well as numerous lesser known channels.

Well, I'm thankful for the past 9 years of service. It was a blessing to me and my family. IPTV is not an option for me here, but hopefully, some of you will be able to continue to enjoy the SA service.

I wish SA DBS could have continued longer, but I guess this just reinforces the truth that nothing in this earthly life lasts. People are eternal, but
the stuff down here--even the best of it--isn't. Makes me just a little bit more hungry for heaven.

I was watching Safetv's forum programming last night, and Carlos was talking about the Skyangel box when 7 minutes into the program at 12:07 a.m. EST the show froze. Less than a minute later, the yellow screen came up. Anyone else experience the same thing when Skyangel was cut off?

Speaking of gone I guess I accidentally banned myself for 3 days.

On the main page I entered a username to ban just to see how it worked that I'm 99% sure does not exist on this board and it instead banned me so I can't even post today. (sigh) Well it's been that kinda day, hasn't it?

:p

Speaking of gone I guess I accidentally banned myself for 3 days.

On the main page I entered a username to ban just to see how it worked that I'm 99% sure does not exist on this board and it instead banned me so I can't even post today. (sigh) Well it's been that kinda day, hasn't it?

:p
April fools day!

I figured the shutdown would occur at 11:59 p.m. eastern time so I tuned in to see what would happen. I noticed some channels remained on a few minutes longer than others. I left SAFE TV to see what other "survivors" were out there. When I returned a few moments later their signal had also been replaced by the end of service screen.

I can confirm that (as someone who only has (former) SA* DBS, Free PI Pack, and Penny Cinemax) I'm still getting Angel Two & KTV in their new (200 range) channel numbers.

The programming on Angel Two, BTW, seems to have really gone down hill. They are now showing what appears to be a bunch of low budget shows available on a barter basis (free to SA*) and movies so old they are in the public domain (free to SA*). They could not get any other Christian content?
Seems to me, if no other programming is available, why not use Angel Two (when not showing special events) to showcase the best of SA* IPTV Faith package programmers?

Also, Angel One seems to be showing many more infomercials these days.

it was fun while it lasted......
hey..... i wonder when and how I will be credited for 3 months of service
(yearly sub,i paid in july)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts