Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Satellite is runnung windows Vista, Microsoft uploaded an update and crashed the system.

Vista never gave me any problems, lol (I beta tested Vista, and it was hell, but RTM was OK and everything was smooth after SP1.) Heck, 7 is just Vista Service Pack 3 plus Superbar! Guess you could say 7 SP1 is really Vista SP4.

Local and many HD's on 110/119 are gone baby gone!

I don't think so... 129 is the problem at hand... It's just that 110/119 never had a whole lot of HD channels in the first place...

I dont believe this is true, I have been told by a number of sources who wish to be unnamed that there has been no damage to the satellite.

There are normally redundant gyros, no? Maybe they meant no PERMANENT damage in that service could be restored once the backup gyros were brought online.

However, my money is more along the lines of a software failure, with some passing radiation rewriting a few crucial bits, throwing the whole thing off.

Maybe the guy from the Power Company who caused Arizona and SoCal to go black got fired and went to work for Dish?

I dont believe this is true, I have been told by a number of sources who wish to be unnamed that there has been no damage to the satellite.

Plus there are redundant gyros anyways. Does make you wonder though as it is been out this long. If it was an uplink center issue all the locals wouldn't be down either as they come from the regional uplinks.

Plus there are redundant gyros anyways. Does make you wonder though as it is been out this long. If it was an uplink center issue all the locals wouldn't be down either as they come from the regional uplinks.

No not an uplink issue, its a satellite issue. That I have confirmed from a number of parties.

Local and many HD's on 110/119 are gone baby gone!

For the ones on 129, it is just a change in the uplink. Probably so we all stop trying to tune them and getting the 015 message.

But I still have USA, Syfy, TNT, ESPN, and Encore (don't get a few others since I have Dish America) that come off 110. All channels not on 129 should be working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)