Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

That's why I edited the first page to include "DISH Network has modified the guides to remove most of the affected HD channels..."

And I apologize for missing it. As I said, we just got home from our sons Boy Scouts meeting, found out our channels were gone, I jumped on here, saw about the issue, read a page or two quickly, then asked the question, thinking someone could quickly answer the question. They did, politely, I thanked them, then get lambasted by this other fella.

Had I known this was the response I was going to get, I would have gone to some of the other forums and sought out info. My goodness, didn't intend to start World War III.

I get my locals from my antenna. However, I no longer have those locals, except for one channel. WTF? I have a 222. Like others have experienced, 129 is kaput. Anyone else have problems w/ locals from an antenna?
I'm in much the same boat..my OTA locals is limited to one translator and a PBS station that is LOS. Everything else is going to need a 100' minimum tower to get which can't happen unfortunately. The local SD feeds to Dish in my DMS never was very reliable or watchable anyway...most any black cloud caused it to go down way before I did. I'm hoping my plots are wrong and I can get a little something OTA as I will be giving it a try tomorrow... but for now I have Law and Order..my in law would love that as it's all she watches but if that's all I can get for me I'll give up LOL

I just got off an online chat with a tech at Dish. The issue is with the uplink, though she couldn't tell me exactly what happened. Dish does expect the issue to be corrected "soon" though the tech couldn't really give me a time line.

I'd be surprised if that was true. We'd normally be fixed by now if that was the case. My money is on an issue with the satellite.

Just read that NASA's Grail spacecraft on the way to the moon bumped the Ciel 2 bird while passing through the geosynchronous ring, however because of the slow speed of the Grail spacecraft, Ciel 2 will recover.:rolleyes::D

Just a joke. Grail will take over two months to get to the moon as compared to 3 days for Apollo flights in the 70's.

It is no longer necessary to manually change the Channel Preference on your receivers. To have the SD channels show in the guide, all you need to do right now is reset the receiver.

Also, please do not run a check switch test, this will not fix the problem

Wish I could still edit the first post...

I thought was to dump all the PPV and use those transponders for some of the non-PPV HD that had been on 129

I don't know what contingency plans dish has prepared for these events. If it isn't carefully planned the results could be even worse than what we have happening now.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

The last showing of Sons of Anarchy second ep of the season is at 10:40pm PT/ 1:40am ET, so if Scott's estimates happen to be correct, then you can record the last showing in HD. (But I'm pretty sure that you would have to do a reboot or switch check in between the channels being added back to the Guide, and the showing - or else set a one-time timer manually once the channels are back [and remember to "restore" when it says "duplicate"].)

Otherwise, it is also repeated in one week at 9pm PT/ Midnight ET (after two showing of the new ep).

Just FYI...

... oh and Stewart and Colbert are repeated the next morning a couple of times ;) ...

I had just finished running all my cable and was trying to point the dish right when 129 went out today.
I thought I had somehow fried my lnb and tried my only backup in hopes it would work.
Here's to hoping the call center knows how to handle this and I don't get a shload of trouble calls tonight.

I was about to climb up on the roof and check the dish, good thing I fired up the site to check anything unusual. No 129 signal over here as well; SoCal - Los Angeles.

I had just finished running all my cable and was trying to point the dish right when 129 went out today.
I thought I had somehow fried my lnb and tried my only backup in hopes it would work.
Here's to hoping the call center knows how to handle this and I don't get a shload of trouble calls tonight.

I was just doing the same thing... installing my 129 wing dish and glad I stopped here only after 5 minutes of dish pointing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts