Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

I hit the channel up button to go to ESPN2 HD and it skipped right past it. Then I figured Dish got into a pissing match with Disney again and had to take it down. I feel better now.

John Kotches said:
k9sat/bob:

Command and control is probably a relatively low bandwidth requirement.Let's not confuse that with the other c, content. That's much higher bandwidth.

While redundant uplink ability would be nice, we don't know what the problem is with the sat. We also don't know how much slower it is/was because of the rain. If it's 10 or 20 percent, it may not be worth the cost for the perceived benefit.

Sadly, fiber runs aren't cheap and very few have a blank check book.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

No I understand this completely, I was just surprised that rain was apart of the issue and that they didn't have a way around it!

Sent from my iPhone

Has Dish turned on some of the channels I am not subbed to, I see Fuel channel on 398, I don't think fuel is in AT200 - is it in free preview?

Dish's site says "We are currently experiencing an interruption affecting the 129 orbital satellite location causing an HD signal outage in some areas."
I don't recall anyone in any corner of the country saying their still getting 129, so this "some" is a word loosely being thrown out there and the typical downplaying I've come to expect from this world class company.......:rolleyes:

Pardon me if this has been answered, but on my HD DVR, 90% of my HD channels are gone from my guide, and only the SD channels are showing up. Is this due to this outage or is there some sort of issue on their end with giving me the correct channels, like they have made a mistaken change on my account. Everything was fine yesterday.

K9SAT said:
Yes but if there is issues sending commands due to rain at one site they should be able to send commands to another uplink site where there is no rain at that bird!

Or have some sort of fiber link to allow such commands to another location! What happens if that uplink was disabled for some reason! What I'm saying that is that commands should be abled to be issued to any bird from any uplink to keep control of the fleet!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Ciel Control center is in Saskatchewan. Odds are, they were watchimg the Red Green Show and someone used the control board as a seat.

Stardust

It affects 100% of the customers on 129, but it doesn't affect 100% of customers.

Don't know the numbers but you can bet dish does.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Pardon me if this has been answered, but on my HD DVR, 90% of my HD channels are gone from my guide, and only the SD channels are showing up. Is this due to this outage or is there some sort of issue on their end with giving me the correct channels, like they have made a mistaken change on my account. Everything was fine yesterday.
yes its due to the outage. Dish removed them for now so you can at least watch TV (albeigh in SD)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)