Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

The techs at Dish and SES deserve the adult beverage of their choice(*) for the extra hours they must have put in fixing this. Also kudos to the programmers who seem to have foreseen something like this happening. I'm amazed that the receivers came back without any user intervention.

* Why are sportscasters afraid of the word "beer" anyway?

I can't. He acts as though he's never experienced a power outage before. Same thing. Just gotta wait till it comes back on.

i agree thing happen and we wait till it comes back on but dish should of found a way to tell us what was happening instead of keeping us in the dark until everyone started calling in and chatting with them online.dish should also tell us what happened to cause the satellite to go out :)

Well thanks to Swanni to then. :)

BTW a tale of the tape from last nights event..

As noted we broke our all time record for amount of people online, which was almost 6,000!

Our SatelliteGuys 129 Thread got 726 Replies and was viewed over 84,828 times.
The DBSTalk 129 Thread got 250 Replies and was viewed over 28,748 times.

And as a time capsule snapshot they have 90,806 registered members while we have 169,987 (its possible we could hit 170,000 TODAY!)

Thank you to all our members, sponsors and pub members who have made all of this possible!!!!

i agree thing happen and we wait till it comes back on but dish should of found a way to tell us what was happening instead of keeping us in the dark until everyone started calling in and chatting with them online.dish should also tell us what happened to cause the satellite to go out :)

Easier said than done in an emergency situation, IMO.

Bhelms,

Lesson learned... always check SatelliteGuys FIRST. :D
I guess I'm so used to problems w/129 I just assumed (there's that word again!) it was something on my end! My only 'net connection at home is my iPad. That certainly would have been up to the task. But it was in my car, and it was already 11 PM...yadda, yadda...! Next time - no excuses...!!! (I could have been #6,001 on line!)

I can't. He acts as though he's never experienced a power outage before. Same thing. Just gotta wait till it comes back on.

I can't disagree with anyone here as I'd like to know exactly what happened too, if only out of curiousity. But to be fair, even my power company does the same thing. When the power goes out, all you get is a busy signal and can't find out about anything. You just sit in the dark until the electricity comes back on.

I couldn't watch Judge Judy in high-def yesterday. I want a refund! LOL

Seriously, thanks to Dish Network for resolving the problem overnight. The inconvenience was minimal. I have been with Dish since 1999 and my service has always been very reliable.

Well thanks to Swanni to then. :)

BTW a tale of the tape from last nights event..

As noted we broke our all time record for amount of people online, which was almost 6,000!

Our SatelliteGuys 129 Thread got 726 Replies and was viewed over 84,828 times.
The DBSTalk 129 Thread got 250 Replies and was viewed over 28,748 times.

And as a time capsule snapshot they have 90,806 registered members while we have 169,987 (its possible we could hit 170,000 TODAY!)

Thank you to all our members, sponsors and pub members who have made all of this possible!!!!

Ty scott and all the dirt team members ses and dish for getting this resolved as quickly as possible and ty for what you did to keep us up to date what was happening :)

I couldn't watch Judge Judy in high-def yesterday. I want a refund! LOL
Isnt it funny Judge Judy has the same amount of wrinkles in HD as she does in SD! I don't know how she does it. :)

Yes indeed a great job was done by the folks at SES Americom and also the folks manning the uplink centers for Echostar. :)

I can't disagree with anyone here as I'd like to know exactly what happened too, if only out of curiousity. But to be fair, even my power company does the same thing. When the power goes out, all you get is a busy signal and can't find out about anything. You just sit in the dark until the electricity comes back on.

+1 agree

Isnt it funny Judge Judy has the same amount of wrinkles in HD as she does in SD! I don't know how she does it. :)

Yes indeed a great job was done by the folks at SES Americom and also the folks manning the uplink centers for Echostar. :)

rofllllllllllllllllllllll

Easier said than done in an emergency situation, IMO.

they have our e-mail addresses and they could of put a slate on channel 101 sd or another channel letting us know like they did during the fox and rsn dispute :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)