Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

You might have better luck with the rabbit ears by your TV. The OTA antenna I have is a Terrestrial Digital DB4. Also using a Channel Master Titan 2 amplifier spliting OTA to three of my DVRs. Use this web site to help you with OTA antennas. AntennaWeb
Already tried rabbit ears (w/ a loop antenna) next to the TV. Didn't work. Had to move the antenna to the attic.

BTW got this last night after I went to bed. :)
I figured that someone at SES put in the wrong data. I still think that accidentally told it to go into maintenance cycle and so it shut down all the tps. They were probably supposed to just do this to one tp and use a backup tp to keep things up and running. IOW someone screwed the pooch.

WOW since 129 went out 804 Replies 95,874 Views
thats alot in a short time :) wonder what the record is for this site on a subject:confused::)

There is a post at DBSTalk saying that the outage was caused by space debris which hit the CEIL 2 Satellite.

This post is 100% B.S.

Echostar / DISH Network has filed with the FCC what has happened and that the issue was caused by human error. There is no mention in these FCC filings anything about the satellite being hit by space debris.

Seriously as much debris as there is floating around in space it's a wonder more evasive maneuvers and hits don't happen.. I remember the SkyLab deal years ago.. I think half of earth was ducking and running lol

There is a post at DBSTalk saying that the outage was caused by space debris which hit the CEIL 2 Satellite.

This post is 100% B.S.

Echostar / DISH Network has filed with the FCC what has happened and that the issue was caused by human error. There is no mention in these FCC filings anything about the satellite being hit by space debris.

Space debris are no where close to the Geo orbit of comm sats. They are down in low earth orbit. Someone told the sat to shut down and it did it. It then drifted West which would be normal if it went into maintenance mode. Full maintenance mode would shut down all systems on board and bring them back up and test for several hours. It would not function and no signal would be sent out from the transmitters on board. I wish they would've given more detail but pretty much feel the sat did exactly what it was told to do. Thank goodness the TTC receive antenna was still point toward the ground so it could receive commands which is what they were having to do to get it back on line ant then turned back on. They would've had to then repoint the sat then reposition all the spots. IOW it's allot like telling it to go back to default. When getting out of school I was talking to the engs at the Chyenne uplink and then took a test to work there as a maintenance eng. I didn't get the job, I don't know the outcome of the testing as I was never informed to the final results.

This post is 100% B.S.

I dont put much stock in what dbstalk says :)

Ahh... Good to finally see an update and see the reason for the outage :) . Glad the Sat's okay... Blame Canaduh!

Must've missed some Monday detail... On a Tuesday! Only in Canada...

Betty Bobbie is gonna come home Friday night and expect all those soap operas to be ready to view.

Cut on the T&V .... slap the go-button for the DVR .... look at "Me Recordin's" .... select Day of Our Lives .... mash the button to play

.... and wet her drawers. Then the fun begins.:eek:

"The interruption mainly affected high definition channels to a portion of DISH Network customers. Standard definition channels were largely unaffected resulting in a majority of DISH Network customers not being affected at all."

"...not being affected at all." ............ yea right! Not at all .... across the country folks smiled as their "...not affected at all." HD picture went black and they had no idea what to do because they are not all tech-nuts. "...not affected at all.", my patootie.

"We’ve provided updates to our customers through our customer service centers, our website, our retailers, and social media."

Oh really? Funny few folks aside from those in the biz or really in to watching TV knew WHAT the heck was happening. It sure didn't make the news!

well, I guess Scott took care of your arguments pretty well.
As I was reading your "rant" all I could think was, "ah, poor newbie. He'll learn soon..."

Seriously as much debris as there is floating around in space it's a wonder more evasive maneuvers and hits don't happen.. I remember the SkyLab deal years ago.. I think half of earth was ducking and running lol

There is a lot of debris, but there's much more space up there than many can comprehend.

If this was anything more than human error we would hear about it in SEC filings, probably will anyways.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited: