Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It won't let me edit the OP anymore, but:

To fix the timers, you can do the following:

1.) Press MENU - 7

2.) Click "Timers" - Look for any timer with the "HD" silhouette

3.) Click the timer - Click "Options"

4.) Change "Recording Preference" to "SD" - Click "Save"

5.) Press "View Live TV" (on your remote)

6.) Repeat steps.

Note: Some timers may automatically do this.

Apparently, this has been coming on for a while. Before I found this thread, I ran through the standard troubleshooting stuff. On the Analysis screen (menu,6,3) I saw that 129 had been completely down the last 6 hrs, 3-4 times each block of time before that (6 hrs?), and was down 19 times on Sunday between 10:30 PM and 4:30 AM (9/11).

Does anyone know why the program guide would be affected? I am getting refresh errors.

Does Dish post status information anywhere that you can use to find out what is going on?

Welcome Carl,

No this does not happen often (thank god!)

DISH does post information, in fact if you look through this now long thread you will see DISH reps have posted here a few times. We are proud to have DISH Network here. :)

Just got an email from SES Americom, it dont say much but at least now when they have an update they will send it to us. :)

Hi Scott

thanks for your email. We are aware of the issue, our teams are working to resolve it, we will keep you informed.

Nothing yet, I have been on the phone all night with a number of sources... for now we will blame the problem on...

PIGS IN SPACE!

(Just a little Humor there... btw eblkheart :welcome: to SatelliteGuys.US!)
Thanks for the welcome :) I'm a heavy lurker on this site and have been here for a bit. Love the site. I checked to see if there was an issue or not, as many of us today have, and yup there it was. Thanks again :)

WAG:

Ciel 2 lost a gyro and went out of spec no longer pointing toward earth, they are trying to regain control of the satellite and get it pointed correctly.

WAG:

Ciel 2 lost a gyro and went out of spec no longer pointing toward earth, they are trying to regain control of the satellite and get it pointed correctly.

I dont believe this is true, I have been told by a number of sources who wish to be unnamed that there has been no damage to the satellite.

!29 down in SC. I've with Dish since April, 1998 and can't remember a complete loss before. I've re-connected my Dish 300 aimed at 61,5 and have most HD back.
MACSEV

Does anyone know where the problem is? is the problem on the ground or in the 129 itself?

Almost guaranteed to be the satellite. No other sats were effected, and it were an uplink problem, that would not likely be the case. Plus, uplinks are far more redundant, and they would have restored service by not if the problem were on the ground.

Either a software or hardware problem on the sat. For the latter, they have to isolate the issue and try to bypass. With the former, well, it sometimes takes a while to hit ctrl-alt-delete from 22,000 miles away. Either one takes time.

I love how all the officials chant "we are aware," "we are aware." Well I would certainly hope so! That was not our question! I guess it gives them a good scapegoat to not tell us what's really going on...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)