Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

My 722 just reloaded itself, apparently for the program guide. Then it went (by itself) to a reset. Then it would not run the guide, so I rebooted it with the power switch on the front. Now the SDs are "back", the guide has only a few (even the movies, which I receive in total) in HD, and of course, 129 is out.

So I thought I'd use my Slingbox, smart me! to my home in colorado (('m in MT in my RV right now) to watch some things, and it would not put out a picture at all ("no video"), so I hope it will auto-reboot itself overnight or during the next week while I'm traveling. No backups, Eh, Dish? If 129 (or any other bird) goes, we get to wait for resumption of service. It's a thin sheet of ice upon which we skate, and we usually don't even know it, both in the tech world and in our "real" life!

I had just finished running all my cable and was trying to point the dish right when 129 went out today.
I thought I had somehow fried my lnb and tried my only backup in hopes it would work.
Here's to hoping the call center knows how to handle this and I don't get a shload of trouble calls tonight.

I was thinking the same thing. My TC12 better not reflect this. Tomorrow will be interesting.

DISH should be paying for your server upgrades and associated costs. They cannot seem to put some sort of notice on their channel 100 or 101 and the only way their subs can find out anything constructive is come here.

Scott, for good reason had to lighten the load on the server. Getting a new improved server soon. Pub membership will help pay for it.;)
Yup I tried turning it on again a few minutes ago and the system crawled again.

I can't wait to get the new server. Based on the specs its going to be the best 10 grand I ever spent. :)

DISH should be paying for your server upgrades and associated costs. They cannot seem to put some sort of notice on their channel 100 or 101 and the only way their subs can find out anything constructive is come here.

Since our like button is gone...

+1

dustinw82 said:
I wonder what Dish will be doing to make things right? PPV certs?

They'll make it right by fixing what is broken. Why do people think they are entitled to a freebie when something goes wrong? Things break, get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

They'll make it right by fixing what is broken. Why do people think they are entitled to a freebie when something goes wrong? Things break, get over it.

Because they are paying for service on a 24/7/365 basis and if it is not delivered, then they did not get what they paid for.

In fairness to dish the traffic volume is probably significantly higher than the planned for peak.

The SG complex is holding up nicely considering that he's probably well above his previous peak.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I can still watch any show from any network, maybe not in HD, but I have not lost any programming. HD is free, 10% off of 0 is 0!

Because they are paying for service on a 24/7/365 basis and if it is not delivered, then they did not get what they paid for.

I demand credits to my account every time rain or snow takes out my service because I am paying for service on a 24/7/365 basis and if it is not delivered, then I did not get what I paid for.

I am paying for service and I have service. Having no HD at this time might be a bit of an inconvenience, but it doesn't warrant having to have something that will probably end up raising my rates at some point. I have service and for one won't whine and complain and beg for something free when I can see what is wrong and realize that sh*t happens sometimes that are outside of anyones control. So I have to watch somethings in SD tonight instead of HD...BFD! I will survive and don't need to go begging Dish for a free hand out because my HD FREE FOR LIFE takes an evening off!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)