Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 28, 2005
I demand credits to my account every time rain or snow takes out my service because I am paying for service on a 24/7/365 basis and if it is not delivered, then I did not get what I paid for.

:facepalm
Here's hoping Dish tells you to take a flying leap!

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
I hooked up a disused wing dish that was still pointed at 61.5 and did a check switch. After a little re-peaking I now have many of my HD channels back. If this is going to be an extended outage I may have to make some hard choices as to which channels I want in HD, and possibly repoint again to one of the EA sats.

AEA

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 13, 2011
North America
I am paying for service and I have service. Having no HD at this time might be a bit of an inconvenience, but it doesn't warrant having to have something that will probably end up raising my rates at some point. I have service and for one won't whine and complain and beg for something free when I can see what is wrong and realize that sh*t happens sometimes that are outside of anyones control. So I have to watch somethings in SD tonight instead of HD...BFD! I will survive and don't need to go begging Dish for a free hand out because my HD FREE FOR LIFE takes an evening off!!!

Many do pay the $10 fee for it.

I guess you missed this post.

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I am paying for service and I have service. Having no HD at this time might be a bit of an inconvenience, but it doesn't warrant having to have something that will probably end up raising my rates at some point. I have service and for one won't whine and complain and beg for something free when I can see what is wrong and realize that sh*t happens sometimes that are outside of anyones control. So I have to watch somethings in SD tonight instead of HD...BFD! I will survive and don't need to go begging Dish for a free hand out because my HD FREE FOR LIFE takes an evening off!!!

Too bad Charlie's SD aint worth a Sh!t! :D

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
If you do the calculation as percent of channels lost for percent of viewing time it works out to a dollar or two. I understand the always on argument but the practical matter is things will fail from time to time.

If it's something SES did I suspect they'll cover the costs. Depends on the contract though.

Don't know if you all are aware, but building HA (high availability) or carrier grade (99.99+%) gets fantastically expensive. The entire infrastructure is dramatically scaled up so that there are multiple redundancies everywhere.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

David Taylor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 5, 2005
Unable to connect...

This is what it says as of now:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 13, 2011 - We are currently experiencing an interruption affecting the 129 orbital satellite location causing an HD signal outage in some areas. We have identified the issue and based on our current estimates, the situation should be corrected overnight and your HD channels should be restored in the morning. In the meantime, you can unplug your receiver from the main power source and plug it back in to see your standard definition channels. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Sapient

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 14, 2004

While not the biggest deal in the world, I'm sure there are many like me who rely on their DVR to record their shows. I'm sure that for the few who monitor dish network news and participate in regular conversation on a forum like this one were on top of the situation. I'd imagine that most people simply missed their shows. My family missed a bunch of timers.

And the truth is we don't get HD free. The price is rolled into whatever else we pay for. If I stop sending them money, they cut off my HD.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Oh well guys... I haven't got any updates for awhile, so I can only assume that things are moving well.

I need to get to bed as I have to be up early in the morning (I am on East Coast time)

The DISH team should be around and hopefully can update us as things progress.

I am going to bed and have a good feeling this problems will be fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts