Service tech said he'd be back to install support arms...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh boy! nobody caught the humor of the moment
Jerk was refering to making a tech work on new years day
$50 "customer caused" his roofers removed the monopoles
I was also trying to be subtle in implying "I" was the tech the OP was refering to

Come on up in my lap little Fed Up,

I'll tell you why everyone is angry with you...it will be all right!

They don't know you as we do. They thought you were bad or stupid. We know better.
But you can not go around calling people jerks. They don't like it. Customers just want service and will not get off their sofa..........and they will use their telephones if they become confused. You know how bad that can be.

My lesson for you is that the hardest thing about installations is not the work. The hardest thing is remembering that future customers are not like any of the previous ones. They are all new and you (we) have to treat them like that. They do not know what Directv is going to do to them. If they become confused you are not the one to explain things...let them learn. Sometimes they like what Directv does..sometimes not.

So go forth, Fed Up, and install without even thinking about customer service. You are not asked tro do this. Just hang the dish, connect the boxes...get out as soon as the rig is activated. Let Directv be the system they want to be.

Joe

I was also trying to be subtle in implying "I" was the tech the OP was refering to

Come on up in my lap little Fed Up,

I'll tell you why everyone is angry with you...it will be all right!

They don't know you as we do. They thought you were bad or stupid. We know better.
But you can not go around calling people jerks. They don't like it. Customers just want service and will not get off their sofa..........and they will use their telephones if they become confused. You know how bad that can be.

My lesson for you is that the hardest thing about installations is not the work. The hardest thing is remembering that future customers are not like any of the previous ones. They are all new and you (we) have to treat them like that. They do not know what Directv is going to do to them. If they become confused you are not the one to explain things...let them learn. Sometimes they like what Directv does..sometimes not.

So go forth, Fed Up, and install without even thinking about customer service. You are not asked to do this. Just hang the dish, connect the boxes...get out as soon as the rig is activated. Let Directv be the system they want to be.

Joe

I worked new years eve / new years / day after newyears .... was I happy, no did i call every customer a jerk because I had to work those days.... NO

Called suck do your job and theres the door if you no likey.

Your right, nobody got your attempt at humor.......The jerk part was where it went wrong.....glad you were kidding though!

And Joe? That "lap" thing is just wrong! The rest of your statement I AlMoSt agree with. and I'm sorry if someone is so hung up on TV that they expect someone to come out on a holiday?!? they're a friggin jerk!

And Joe? That "lap" thing is just wrong! The rest of your statement I AlMoSt agree with. and I'm sorry if someone is so hung up on TV that they expect someone to come out on a holiday?!? they're a friggin jerk!

We normally have about 15 guys working repair/installs on EVERY hioliday.
Don't really need that many, but thats what they want .... they have volunteers and force the rest.

When you took the job, did you know you might have to work on holidays or was it something new after you started? If the former, hey, you took the job. If the latter, hey, go find a new one or get them to change their policy. Complaining here about your job requirements doesn't make much sense. Neither does complaining about the customers that make your job possible. Think about it......

Post 30 in this thread ......
Anyone happen to notice that the OP has not posted since the FIRST post ?

Why are we wasting our time complaining about company rules that are different at every job when the OP hasn't been back ?

Fed Up,

Just foolin around.

And, yes, it is only TV!

The hardest part of installations is doing the next job even though the last customer was a jerk. I feel you pain. Maybe it might make it easier to continue by assuming everyone you meet is glad to see you and any problem is a failure on your (our) part to explain everything.

Where I come off the tracks is finding an honest installation company to work for. But I digress; dishonest jerks that run installation companies is not part of this thread.

We cool, bro?

Joe

When you took the job, did you know you might have to work on holidays or was it something new after you started? If the former, hey, you took the job. If the latter, hey, go find a new one or get them to change their policy. Complaining here about your job requirements doesn't make much sense. Neither does complaining about the customers that make your job possible. Think about it......

Actually that isn't true. Which is the problem in a whole. When I started it was a 6 day work week and holidays off. That what was the agreement. Than it changed to volunteers on holidays, then it change to mandatory holidays, then it change to Sundays. Next they added 6-8am and 4-8 pm time frames. Directv tells the HSP what they want and the HSP bend over and take it. Seasoned and Veteran installers get fed up and quit. Why do they quit? because all while these changes are going on they reduce the amount of pay, make you work more hours, and try to turn you into a sales person. Stone Cold illustrated Directv/HSP attitude of you don't like it quit. Right now with the economy being rough it's easy to abuse your employees and Directv knows it and turn a blind eye to work practices. I predict that soon it will be 24hr service calls time slots. Directv doesn't care about HSP workforce, they do a better job of it with the shops they own since Federal and State guidlines apply to them directly.
I didn't want to address this topic but if you think about it, i mean really think about it Installs of today don't hold up like the installs of the past.

Actually that isn't true. Which is the problem in a whole. When I started it was a 6 day work week and holidays off. That what was the agreement. Than it changed to volunteers on holidays, then it change to mandatory holidays, then it change to Sundays. Next they added 6-8am and 4-8 pm time frames. Directv tells the HSP what they want and the HSP bend over and take it. Seasoned and Veteran installers get fed up and quit. Why do they quit? because all while these changes are going on they reduce the amount of pay, make you work more hours, and try to turn you into a sales person. Stone Cold illustrated Directv/HSP attitude of you don't like it quit. Right now with the economy being rough it's easy to abuse your employees and Directv knows it and turn a blind eye to work practices. I predict that soon it will be 24hr service calls time slots. Directv doesn't care about HSP workforce, they do a better job of it with the shops they own since Federal and State guidlines apply to them directly.
I didn't want to address this topic but if you think about it, i mean really think about it Installs of today don't hold up like the installs of the past.

It what they tell us in almost every department of the company

Dont like it there is the door.

I worked in the company before i even delt with any customer service. So it just not csr and hsp that get told there is hte door.

It what they tell us in almost every department of the company

Dont like it there is the door.

I worked in the company before i even delt with any customer service. So it just not csr and hsp that get told there is hte door.

That's why I got out. I got hurt at a Jerk/@ss of customer home and tore my ACL. Looking now that was the best thing that could have happen to me.

Here's where a Union would be a great thing to have.

I could not have said it any better!!!

I'm not sure what you are referencing as not true. Never the less, my point was that it doesn't make sense to complain here unless you are simply venting. If so, say so, but don't expect it to change anything without actually doing something about it. That's all.

I'm not sure what you are referencing as not true. Never the less, my point was that it doesn't make sense to complain here unless you are simply venting. If so, say so, but don't expect it to change anything without actually doing something about it. That's all.

References the point that you made about being full aware of the job conditions prior to your employment. Also sub come on vent on things in here more often than techs. Some with valid gripes and some stuff probably all in their head.

References the point that you made about being full aware of the job conditions prior to your employment. Also sub come on vent on things in here more often than techs. Some with valid gripes and some stuff probably all in their head.

Quite so,

Any one person posting on here has access to only their experiences in one place and time. The value of a forum is to combine experiences from many places and times.

When many individuals have the same experience and report it...that is significant.

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)