servo movement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jagee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
My question is using my pansat on my 10 foot BUD with an LNB or LNBF that has a motor on it,When setting it in the setup on my receiver does the insides of the lnb move like when you manually set the skew and polarity etc.Im fairly new at all this so remember thats why im asking these kind of questions,Thank youOh by the way i like the testing of the other LNBs that was awsome

The LNBF is voltage switched for polarity with no moving parts, a universal model can change band frequency with a 22kHz signal. Most older C band feedhorns use a small motor that rotates the polarotor inside 90 degrees.
I think your Pansat has the capability to control such skew motors.

heres where using the term lnb or lnbf will catch you.
lnb is the lnb only it must be used with a feedhorn like a rotor or corotor
lnbf is with feedhorn and needs nothing else to be used.
so if it has a servo (motor) thats what is switching the polarities and doing the skew
like mentioned above the pansat does control this type.

it kinda been a long time but i think thats why they call a corotor a co rotor it switches with the servo ( and does it for either c / ku at the same time) so you can watch either one at once (c or ku) , or if i suspect right both at the same time just one polarity. ( until the channel is changed.)

Thank you for the fast reply its nice to know those kind of answers since im trying to learn not only the end results but the begining as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)