SES-1 H&I MUX Gone

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
Hello All, thanks for reading my post. I was watching H&I last night on SES-1 101W. There was some kind of problem going on, there was a lot of video break up. Tonight, the old transponder for the H&I Mux is dark. I did a new Blind Scan, the majority of the channels rescanned, but the H&I Mux is gone. Does anyone know where it went. I miss my Star Trek ... I need to get off the planet for some R&R. Any comments you might have would be appreciated.

Hello All, thanks for reading my post. I was watching H&I last night on SES-1 101W. There was some kind of problem going on, there was a lot of video break up. Tonight, the old transponder for the H&I Mux is dark. I did a new Blind Scan, the majority of the channels rescanned, but the H&I Mux is gone. Does anyone know where it went. I miss my Star Trek ... I need to get off the planet for some R&R. Any comments you might have would be appreciated.
I just looked and it's working here,Freesat V7 and 12' Paraclypse.

Still here also but if your blind scan didn't find it you can get it at a new mux at 101w 4180 H 30000

I watched H&I until 2200 MST last night and I can still get it here this morning.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the problem is on my end. After further investigation, I'm not receiving anything horizontal. I have an Ortho Mode Feed, so there must be something wrong with my horizontal LNB. I just fixed it about a month ago, so maybe it's time to replace it with the spare I have. I'll reply back with what I find

3936H SID 0001
3940H SID 0001
3943H SID 0001
4180H SID 0001

ViX says StartTV for 35 but I think has the same programming (?)
Think I'm getting a bit of C2-W drift also.
kirk out!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LocutusOfBorg
Thanks for your reply. Yes, the problem is on my end. After further investigation, I'm not receiving anything horizontal. I have an Ortho Mode Feed, so there must be something wrong with my horizontal LNB. I just fixed it about a month ago, so maybe it's time to replace it with the spare I have. I'll reply back with what I find
Don't forget to check the switch and settings.:oldwink