SES-2 87 west can honolulu,hawaii pick signal up from this satellite ses-2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
Hello
On LyngSat satellite map for the SES-2 at 87 west for the C/Ku-band it look like people in Honolulu Hawaii can not receive signal C or Ku band from this satellite.
Am I read the map right ,NO signal to Honolulu,Hawaii on C/Ku band for this satellite (SES-2 at 87 west).
mrel

While 87W is about 9 degrees above the horizon at Honolulu, it does appear, from the signal footprint map that I looked at, that there is no signal to be had there.

With a big enough dish, it MAY be possible. I remember someone in Brazil getting signals from European satellites with no 'foot print' in their area. This was mainly analog, as it was quite a while ago, AND like a homebrewed [I think] 12 or 15 meter dish. (Read it BITD in one of the mags and the webpage detailing it expired a few years ago[I should have saved it])
Here's some info on the 'Out Of Foot print' topic I have found: http://www.apsattv.com/techinfo.html

According to satstar.net, 87W could be received in Honolulu with a 1-meter Ku-band dish at 9.3 degrees elevation. Signal strength would be about 46 dBW. It is remotely possible that a 10~12-foot C-band dish could receive the C-band signal, but probably not since signal strength would be < 31 dBW. Can anybody there confirm?

Hello
On LyngSat satellite map for the SES-2 at 87 west for the C/Ku-band it look like people in Honolulu Hawaii can not receive signal C or Ku band from this satellite.
Am I read the map right ,NO signal to Honolulu,Hawaii on C/Ku band for this satellite (SES-2 at 87 west).
mrel

Ku is receivable but C band is not. I just scanned in newsource and a view of times square on Ku side. A view with a satlook shows some signal on C band, but it is not receivable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts